Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My plan is to run 38.5x14.5 swampers or boggers next year with a D60 front and the 10.25 rear which I have already ... I am thinking that the D50 TTB won't handle the tires size I want ....

..... people have been asking me why I just don't hang a D50 HDTTB under my rig instead of SAS and blah blah .... it has been presented to me so many times I have to ask why this hasn't been the choice for a few who don't want to do the SAS but could very easily swap out the TTB gear for a stronger setup ... a direct replacement from my understanding except for maybe a crossover ujoint and you could keep the lift kit for the TTB already purchased .. if you are lifted like I am

any opinions :shrug

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a 50 setup is stronger than a 44 setup is :shrug ... why not?

do you know what you are talking about .... D44, D50, D60, D70 ... right?

tell me what you know about a D50 TTB .. I know nothing about them .. I will still do the D60 SAS , but I want to know about these things as people have asked me and I have no answer to give them from practical experience .. figured this would be the place to ask .. right? :twak

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
the only thing worth anything off of a D50 TTB is the slip shaft (center u joint) as its bigger than a D44 TTB, but you can run that on a D44 TTB if you swap it in. swapping to the D50 isn't going to give you much else for strength, its basically just a 44 with big bearings and hubs from what i understand.

and like seboh said, the pivots are different (beams on a D50 are quite a bit shorter) as well as it being leaf sprung not coil.

D50 = far from direct replacement.

·
Registered
308 Posts
it sounds like the d50 is what dana did when they had some parts from a d44 and a d60 and figured they'd market it to make a few bucks. is this true?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.