Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
outer shafts or what ever they are called. what year chevy or dodge are these coming from? i know they need trimmed by a half an inch and a snap ring groove cut into them, but what year chevy or dodge are they coming from? i got a guy that quoted me $150 for the inner shafts, just stock spicer stuff, nothing exotic, but i cant remember what year the D60s have the 35 spline outers and he couldnt find them easily the way dana-spicer lists stuff. anyone have a spicer part number?

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2 Standard Spicer D60 Ujoints: Part # 5-332X
2 Spicer 35 spline outer stub shafts: 382871
1 set of Warn hubs: Part # 38786 (pair of hubs)
Single Warn hub: Part # 38787
Warns drive gear set: Part # 39346

if anyone else needs them

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
buy yukon stubs. they are machined to fit perfectly in the ford outters rather than trying to get chevy or dodge's to fit.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
jopes said:
buy yukon stubs. they are machined to fit perfectly in the ford outters rather than trying to get chevy or dodge's to fit.
:stupid, I got the 35 spline Yukon moly outers, and if I recall correctly, they were only around $75 each at porc?

www.performanceoffroadcenter.com

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$80 each is the same as stock spicer chevy stuff i found out. i can get the inners for $80 each too. so looking at the cost, about all i have to worry about is getting new lockouts since the cro-mo/4340 stuff is all about the same cost as stock spicer

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
they don't come from dodge/chevy they just fit them without modification. 35 spline stubs are actually for special D70 fronts.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
see, what i wanted was a cheap spicer stock parts upgrade, not to have to spend another $500 on yukon shafts and CTM or what ever U joints as well as having to buy new lockouts too. cause at this point i really see what they mean by time is money. the things that cost money are going to take some time since i have no money. i figured new non necked down spicer shafts would be better than the old ones.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
axaviere said:
see, what i wanted was a cheap spicer stock parts upgrade, not to have to spend another $500 on yukon shafts and CTM or what ever U joints as well as having to buy new lockouts too. cause at this point i really see what they mean by time is money. the things that cost money are going to take some time since i have no money. i figured new non necked down spicer shafts would be better than the old ones.
$160 for the Chromo stubs is really a good price. You don't have to use CTM's (I'm not using them currently) with the Yukons. If you get the 35 spline, you will however need 35 spline lockouts, which are pretty pricey for the D60. IIRC my Warn Premiums were @$200 or so? (could be wrong) :wacko

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you are correct sir!! lockouts are more than the stubs, and i dont want to get cro-mo outers/stubs and keep the stock spicer stuff for inners. that just seems like asking for trouble and i would hate to replace either, but wouldnt i want the stub to go first?

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
axaviere said:
you are correct sir!! lockouts are more than the stubs, and i dont want to get cro-mo outers/stubs and keep the stock spicer stuff for inners. that just seems like asking for trouble and i would hate to replace either, but wouldnt i want the stub to go first?
I'm running stock inners for now. I only wanted to buy new hubs once, so I got the 35 spline outers. :shrug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts