Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lurker
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1330-F yoke. Are they 1410 yokes much stonger? They have a .5" longer joint width, so does that mean you could run a larger(stronger) u-joint? The Pirate D60 bible shows yoke 1410 3-4-8731 as using u-bolts as opposed to straps and it had the highest allowable joint angle at 30 degrees.

So, dont waste time and money, or would it be worth while? I have gone through a few on the rear 8.8, so it seems like a weak point that should be looked at.

If so, where would I find one?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Swamp Donkey said:
Also, if I stick with the 1330-F yoke, what u-joint should be used? 1310 or 1350?
a 1330...... same U joint your driveshaft already had........

as fo rthe 1410's. yes its nice, but pricey, and the $$ also comes into play on mating anew yoke on your driveshaft. if you plan on beating the piss out of it go for it, but otherwise i dont think you will have that much trouble...
i also really dont see you running out of that much angle on a 1330 or 1350 u joint. just poiunt your pinion up at the T case and run a CV shaft and be done.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Swamp Donkey said:
What yoke was used on the TTB 44 3rd member? It looks almost the same. Do have a spare now??
its different, but you techiniocally all you have to do to make it fit on your bronco is have your stock drvieshaft shortned to fit better.....

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Swamp Donkey said:
I realize that the shaft will need to be shorter than it was. My question is, is the yoke from the 93 D60 the same as the yoke from the 86 TTB 44 yoke? They appear to be the same.
it takes the same U jpint, but the spline count/diameter of the 60 pinion is different.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Swamp Donkey said:
I realize that the shaft will need to be shorter than it was.
I never did shorten my front d/s. I probably should have since it's only got a little over an inch of available compression, but it's been fine (shrug). Fact is *my* d/s length doesn't change that much as the suspension cycles, mostly 'cause the springs are flat at ride height I think. If you've got heavily arched springs it could be a whole different story.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts