Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local news paper add has D60 front and 10.25 Sterling rear with disc brakes out of '91 F350 for $1200obo. Does not mention miles. Is this worth asking price? Also would like opinions about Sterling rear. Would appreciate any info

·
Registered
643 Posts
they wont work .

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yes

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
FOUR POSTS! YOU SURE ARE IMPATIENT FOR AN ANSWER, AREN'T YOU?

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Offer 1000 cash. You never know what you can get with a straight grand waved in their face.

Hell, that'd save me money compared to rebuilding the D44 and 9". Still have to lock them, but that's easy enough.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,355 Posts
Why wouldnt that be a Dana 60? I thought the 50s only came in 250s

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
They're talking about the rear, not the front. The front would indeed be D60. The 10.25 never came with disc brakes until it became the 10.5. Though...I thought I read from somebody that the outers for the 10.5 could maybe be swapped though? Any info on this.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
The Sterling is pretty stout. It's in the same league as the Dana 70 and 14 Bolt in strength. It has a slightly smaller ring gear but has a larger pinion then the Dana 70. Shafts are comparable to the 14 Bolt. The Sterling is just a big heavy pig, though it doesn't have the nasty lip the 14 Bolt has on it. It's expensive on parts (compared to the other two), more difficult to set up (then the other two), but it has the VSS we need. There's also the seal leak issue which can be taken care of pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Buy em dude! Same set up I got. Mine are from an 88 F350. Sterling will pretty much bolt right up. The 60 may take some messing around, but it will work.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Man, the northeast has killer junkyards.....seeing what Mr. N just picked up makes me sick. Florida has some decent yards, but nothing compared to what you can get up there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts