Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for the past couple of years dad has been after my rear to get rid of the bronco and get a GULP....heep
As of last year he stopped even looking at the bronco, won't even lift a finger to help with anything concerning the bronco as he hates her with a passion....
Well last night I was talking to him about working on the bronco next year and finding something else in the spring as a DD. He got so mad with me LOL.
First off he says before I do anything to her, to check the frame for rust, mainly where the body sits on it. I can understand his point....he than tells me that if thats rusted out bad, I should get rid of her and get another vehicle *cough* heep *cough*. I told him Nah, we'll just ger another frame.... he got ticked.
Than he said I need a jeep as they are smaller and can go more places where the bronco can't.....
I said nah a few more dents in the body don't scare me. He than told me he'll just find tighter and tighter trails where I can't go down.....
Than stressed yet again about a jeep. I said I love my fullsize and won't go to anything smaller. I'll most likely get another bronco or a blazer as a DD....than work on this one as a trail rig......well needless to say he got quite upset and said he was done talking and basically gave the phone to mom.......
Is that part of the "jeep" thing we don't understand or what? :shrug
So just to spite everyone next year I will get another fullsize....:toothless

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Just tell your dad when you go wheelin with him, you fullsize won't be carrying any gears, parts, tools, etc for him cause i know his little Heep will be maxed out. You take a family in a heep, and that's it. You either have to get an overhead basket or something on the back. And I bet I could still fit more in the back of my truck. Also, if I was in an accident getting to or from the trail, I would much rather be in my fullsize then a little pissy heep.

Get him straight on this, he seems to be overlooking the fundamentals!

MM

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SMOOTH said:
Just tell your dad when you go wheelin with him, you fullsize won't be carrying any gears, parts, tools, etc for him cause i know his little Heep will be maxed out. You take a family in a heep, and that's it. You either have to get an overhead basket or something on the back. And I bet I could still fit more in the back of my truck. Also, if I was in an accident getting to or from the trail, I would much rather be in my fullsize then a little pissy heep.

Get him straight on this, he seems to be overlooking the fundamentals!

MM
My point exactly!! :thumbup I feel MUCH safer in the bronco compared to the smaller jeep.
And he was trying to tell me theres MORE room in a cherokee than the bronco. I told him I can fit me the kids and the dog PLUS all our camping gear, etc just fine and still have room for groceries! :D All he said was, yeah, ok, with an attitude.....
Hehehehe, just ticks him off when I don't listen!! :toothless

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,652 Posts
A buddy of mine i was hangin out wrenchin with on saturday, (who happens to own a badass jeep, i might add) couldnt help but comment (again) on how awesome it must be to have all that room in the bronco. His jeep hasnt had a backseat in for 2(?) years now, and is always almost full to the brim with parts/tool whenever we go 4wheelin. And i think we all know how much room we have in the back:thumbup

On a side note, ive noticed that alot of parents seem to frown upon girls driving 'big trucks'. My dad always busts on my g/f for driving a fullsize pickup, he thinks its funny that a tiny little girl drives a big truck like that.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
reptillikus said:
On a side note, ive noticed that alot of parents seem to frown upon girls driving 'big trucks'. My dad always busts on my g/f for driving a fullsize pickup, he thinks its funny that a tiny little girl drives a big truck like that.

I get that, too, but I don't see the Bronco as that big. I guess cause I learned to drive in an old Ford truck and fullsize trucks are all I've ever driven. My dad always gave me hell about the '65 cause it was a stick and had manual steering. He said it was too hard for me to drive. *rolls eyes*

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
reptillikus said:

Not only do I find that really kewl and independent of a woman driving a truck, I find it kinda hot. That to me is a girl/lady/woman, who doesn't give a fawk about what the norm is. Definately kewl!

MM

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys rule! :beer :D I LOVE my fullsize and the fact that's it's a stick...woohoo.....um never mind about that comment. Anyway....
Yeah dad never seemed happy with me driving the fullsize blazer I had or the bronco.......
The bigger they are the more I like em! :beer That's why we're going um tall with the bronco next year....or the year after....just depends on time and $$ .
I am soooo stoked about this project! Dad will be hot under the collar though......but oh well, it's my truck and I'll do what I want with her. And it that means 10" lift and 40's than that's what I'm doing....I have the guy to help with parts and installation..... :thumbup
I can smell the MUD already!!! :beer :beer

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
burning mud on the exhaust pipes smells kinda yummy huh :thumbup

yer dad is pissed because his DAUGHTER can drive a truck and he can't .. he can only handle a jeep :goodfinge

·
Registered
245 Posts
BRONCO.................................GOOD

jeep................................not as good

Women with trucks :angel :goodfinge :rockon :usa

:chili: :chili: :chili: Women with trucks who aren't afraid to get dirty (working on their truck):goodfinge :goodfinge :rockon :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili:

·
0 Posts
You could always pull out the trump card:

Well dad, jeeps are a little too "left" or "faggish" for me. Remeber they made the famed Wrangler in an entirely pink islands edition? Just like barbie had.

And, richard gere loves the jeeps.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I think project bronco facelift will be kept from my family until it's done with. :thumbup So as to avoid any grief I may hear about it! She'll be loosing the top, tailgate and doors .....things he's complained about me doing in the past.......and gaining a full cage, tube tailgate and tube halfdoors......gaining front and rear axles and a lift......and other goodies.
Man I love knowing someone who can help out with aquiring this things! :beer
We're working on a list of stuff now......that way things can get started next spring once I have a new DD. :D
Boy won't dad be tickled pink!!! :toothless

1 - 20 of 23 Posts