Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/04/wendys.shooting.ap/index.html

This story actually made me choke up. I have done this very same thing for my boy many times and I could just imagine this man's family's devastation right now. If only someone had been in there with a weapon. I still havent gotten my concealed carry permit yet- but I think this story will finally get me off my ass.

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
It used to be that every time one of these lunatic shootings would occur, the liberals and the media would be screaming bloody murder about how we need stricter gun laws. I'm glad to see that people are finally waking up and realizing that they need to take responsibility for their own safety. 20,000+ gun laws in the U.S have not made a dent against the violent behavior of criminals and psychopaths...the only way to stop it is to meet force with force.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
What the hell is wrong with people. If you feel that your life is so messed up that by you killing yourself will be the only solution. Fine, do it in your house or jump off a bridge into a canyon. There is no reason to take a hand full of innocent people with you.

I kinda wish one of these cowards would fail their atempt to commit sucide, just so they can live out the rest of their days in jail, knowing that there is no possible way for them to end their own lives.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Hopefully, since F/F Vazquez was attending a class for his job when he was killed during his lunch break, hopefully his family will recieve Line-of-Duty death benefits.

Rest in peace brother Vazquez.

Dave

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I was working about 4 blocks away from Wendys when this happened. The amount of choppers and personnel was insane. Such a sad story.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
It used to be that every time one of these lunatic shootings would occur, the liberals and the media would be screaming bloody murder about how we need stricter gun laws. I'm glad to see that people are finally waking up and realizing that they need to take responsibility for their own safety. 20,000+ gun laws in the U.S have not made a dent against the violent behavior of criminals and psychopaths...the only way to stop it is to meet force with force.
Totaly Agree.
What the hell is wrong with people. If you feel that your life is so messed up that by you killing yourself will be the only solution. Fine, do it in your house or jump off a bridge into a canyon. There is no reason to take a hand full of innocent people with you.

I kinda wish one of these cowards would fail their atempt to commit sucide, just so they can live out the rest of their days in jail, knowing that there is no possible way for them to end their own lives.
Totaly agree.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
I still havent gotten my concealed carry permit yet- but I think this story will finally get me off my ass.
...the only way to stop it is to meet force with force.
I agree with the peoples' right to carry. However, in this situation Vasquez would still be dead even if he had a gun on him. It wouldn't have prevented anything. Sad, but true.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
they always kill themselves, the *%$#@ cowards. unfortunately for mr. vazquez, carrying a gun wouldn't have helped him since this bastard shot him in the back. but i agree that others could perhaps have been spared if other customers were armed.

i hope there is an especially "nice" place in hell for these psychotic and supreme failures of human beings.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
that really pisses me off. The mother ****er that did it surely has used the services of the FD, PD, etc at some point in his life and then shoots some poor guy trying to do something nice for his daughter. So many aspects just make it a terrible, terrible event.

I feel so bad for his family. Especially his daughter. I hope she never thinks that she is at all responsible for this.
That is part of what gets me so pissed off. People like this guy are the ones using/abusing the 9-1-1 system every day. I'm not talking about someone who gets hurt and has a legitamate 9-1-1 emergency. This firefighter/paramedic spends his life helping low-lifes, drug addicts, suicidals, and then he is out with his little girl and gets shot by one.

I would say legitamate 9-1-1 calls represent less than 10% of my job, the rest are this type of bullshit and this hero who dedicated his life to helping others is shot point blank in the BACK with no chance at self defense by one of the very people who probably used his services the most.

AARRGGHHHH!!!!

Sorry about my rant and I know I stereotyped a little but it is hard not to sometimes...

I also hope his little girl isn't messed up for life...

Dave

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
Hopefully, since F/F Vazquez was attending a class for his job when he was killed during his lunch break, hopefully his family will recieve Line-of-Duty death benefits.

Rest in peace brother Vazquez.

Dave
:stupid
that really pisses me off. The mother ****er that did it surely has used the services of the FD, PD, etc at some point in his life and then shoots some poor guy trying to do something nice for his daughter. So many aspects just make it a terrible, terrible event.

I feel so bad for his family. Especially his daughter. I hope she never thinks that she is at all responsible for this.
That is part of what gets me so pissed off. People like this guy are the ones using/abusing the 9-1-1 system every day. I'm not talking about someone who gets hurt and has a legitamate 9-1-1 emergency. This firefighter/paramedic spends his life helping low-lifes, drug addicts, suicidals, and then he is out with his little girl and gets shot by one.

I would say legitamate 9-1-1 calls represent less than 10% of my job, the rest are this type of bullshit and this hero who dedicated his life to helping others is shot point blank in the BACK with no chance at self defense by one of the very people who probably used his services the most.

AARRGGHHHH!!!!

Sorry about my rant and I know I stereotyped a little but it is hard not to sometimes...

I also hope his little girl isn't messed up for life...

Dave

BFW pretty much took the words from my mouth.

RIP FF/Medic Vazquez

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
they always kill themselves, the *%$#@ cowards. unfortunately for mr. vazquez, carrying a gun wouldn't have helped him since this bastard shot him in the back. but i agree that others could perhaps have been spared if other customers were armed.

i hope there is an especially "nice" place in hell for these psychotic and supreme failures of human beings.
Fawking coward is right. What is up with these p*$$ys shooting people and than killing them self. Fawking punk!

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
now THAT is some f*%&ed up sh*t. Don't feel bad about "stereotyping" the maniac, that's what the idealists want you to call it. I call them facts and statistics.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Wow. Just heard on the news that 2 people wounded there were from a town not too far from me here in NY. They were on vacation.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with the peoples' right to carry. However, in this situation Vasquez would still be dead even if he had a gun on him. It wouldn't have prevented anything. Sad, but true.

Yeah, Vazquez didnt have a chance, probably never knew what hit him. Im always looking to see what's going on behind me. Im a little paranoid like that. Just makes me wish SOMEBODY had a gun and was paying enough attention to see the gunman draw and drop him in his tracks. They didnt say how old the guy's kid was, hopefully she's too young to remember this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts