Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Bronco 5.8
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any way to create a mold or some form of reinforcement so I can install this bracket? Dont have any experience but willing to try to make it work.

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
668 Posts
You can buy some ABS plastic sheets on Amazon, cut a patch and plastic weld it to the existing dash panel.
You can either get a plastic weld kit from Harbor Freight or do a chemical bond with Super Glue and baking soda.

P.S. JB PLASTIC WELD works well too.

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Any way to create a mold or some form of reinforcement so I can install this bracket? Dont have any experience but willing to try to make it work.
You have all the material there to install the bracket… if not a piece of flat tin can be used as bread (the piece of metal and the new bracket) and the old dash would be the meet. Now you have a dash sandwich.

·
Registered
1994 Bronco 5.8
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting - abs sheets. Im going to give that a try.

Ill use a piece of cardboard and draw what I believe is the original layout. My concern is the holes needed for the screws - if the ABS sheets are capable of holding that reinforcement.

slimpartywagon - the 4 main screws holes for that bracket are completely missing (as you see in the picture). This will be a bit tricky

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,557 Posts
Any non-weldimg attachment of plastics need to have the surfaces seriously scratched up. Like a lion scratched it... Gotta have something to grip to

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Interesting - abs sheets. Im going to give that a try.

Ill use a piece of cardboard and draw what I believe is the original layout. My concern is the holes needed for the screws - if the ABS sheets are capable of holding that reinforcement.

slimpartywagon - the 4 main screws holes for that bracket are completely missing (as you see in the picture). This will be a bit tricky
That’s why I said make a sandwich

·
Registered
'94 XLT; 5.8; E40D
47 Posts
@94_FSB

Not sure where you’re located, but I just replaced my dash and have one I’m about to junk.
I can cut off that section for you if you want it.

located outside Dallas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts