Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody please tell me where that annoying "your door is open" chime is located on my '95, and how to disable it???? When your already frustrated, out working on your rig, that thing is hella nerve racking!!!:mad:
Thanks....:beer

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys...:rolleyes:
Now I'll rephrase the question...How do I disable my door chime so I can listen to my stereo while I work on it, and not have to keep the "little button thingy" stuck in???:toothless

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
it should be near the glove box, thats where mine was on my 81

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
:lolup :lolup
yea i know Blaze i dont know the word for it, but it makes ur dome light come on:shrug

·
Registered
158 Posts
Its a black box about 2 1/2 inches square to the right of your steering column under the dash.It has gray plug ins to it and my box has 2 holes to attach it up but its just hanging(might be hanging from remote start/alarm install) there but thats for reference to what it looks like.I have not unplugged mine so I dont know what else might be effected if it was unplugged.
HTH

·
Registered
608 Posts
its right near the steering colum behind the dash, just make it go on and listin near there and you should be able to fint it.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
No, Im with Blaze on this one...

ALL 92-96s suck when it comes to this. All the ones ive been in or around, The ignitions are real sensitive, and sometimes even with the keys out, they still beep. It would be nice to be able to turn the stereo on, And if you have to keep the door open, Not have the hell of an annoying beep that makes you want to kill something.

·
Registered
‘95 xl, 5.8l, ZF S5-47, BW1356, SAS, D44(8lug), Sterling 10.25 (Detroit)
269 Posts
dsickles said:
its right near the steering colum behind the dash, just make it go on and listin near there and you should be able to fint it.
Yeah. It's on the right side of the column. Let it make it's noise till you find it, then just disconnect the harness that goes to it. You wont have a headlight-on warning eighther, but who cares?
That noise is/was a real pain in the crack.

-m

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lord Drilim said:
and sometimes even with the keys out, they still beep.
Zactly!!! Everytime I get out of my ride I have to wiggle the ignition to make it quit!!!

Thanks Matt...and the rest of you guys...(even the smartass:goodfinge the board just wouldn't be the same without the wise cracks!! ;) ) I'll hunt it down tommorow!:beer

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dude,

Cut the wire in the harness. Look it up in your haynes manual wire diagrams. There are about 5 wire at the connection point, cut one of them and the ignition chime goes away but the other stuff still works (other stuff being chime for lights on and dome light with the door open, etc...)

I did it a year or so ago and love it

Later

Bakes

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have disconected that damn thing on every vehicle I ever owned. I found it on the bronco by feeling around while it was buzzing, but it has bee so long I couldnt tell you exactly were it is, just under the dash on the drivers side. As for the headlight warning, I got a small buzzer kit which I had laying around and tapped it into the fuse bix so I do have the one useful buzzer, the one that reminds me to turn off my headlights if I had them on becuase of rain and such.

:thumbup

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
Just yank out that little peice of shit. mine is sitting loose in the glovebox of my 95. i hate that little basterd. i'm thinkin about rippin the one out of my dads 95 f150. i have had no problems from it being out that i know of. but then again the guy who i bought it from is the one who pulled it out. when we pulled the one out my dads old 80's bronco, you know the one that doesn't beep just buzzzzzzzzzz, we had nothing else effected.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
/Unplug

Word.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Damager said:
better than a dumbass :thumbup

Still better then a kiss ass.:twak

1 - 20 of 24 Posts