Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my damn power locks have stopped working on both doors. the power windows work but the locks have no power to them. i will push the button down and no click or anything. any help?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Check the fuse. Check you wires for any signs of obvious wear and the connections on the back of the switches. Mine were shot in some spots.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have replaced the fuses..all of them.
its not fuses....i guess i can try to check out the back of the switches to see. its not just one its both sides though.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Check that the switch(es) are working. Also check for breaks in the wiring between the door and the body. Sounds like the main power feed has been lost.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no my windows work fine. both windows. its just my door locks dont work and i dont have a key to the doors on the outside so i cant lock my doors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mines the same as my ignition key...?!?!? or is mine wierd?

also, after you locked it before with the switch how did you unlock it if you have no key?
i crawled in through the back window and got in that way.lol
since i still have the key to roll down the window.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Something doesn't sound right, because the same key that opens my tailgate window, also unlocks my doors. I guess both doors were replaced.

If a key doesn'y unlock the door why worry about the power door lock not working?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts