Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am looking into the best way to secure my Bronco for short term ( 1-5 hour) times when I am at the gym, pool, grocery store etc.. and over night in the driveway.

I was already thinking about locking lug nuts, and possibly the "truck club" but I wanted to ask you experts on any advice on securing my FSB against the thieves!

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
834 Posts
locking car cover.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simply "cool" and easy install. That and the Locking lug nuts should save me some hassle.

·
Registered
142 Posts
get some chevy bow tie stickers or badges and place them over the ford symbols everyone will think your broke down or that its a pos and they wont mess with your truck or get a conciled weapon permite and a sniper rifle and just sit back and wait or if ya want to be cheap and easy remove your starter relay

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
get some chevy bow tie stickers or badges and place them over the ford symbols everyone will think your broke down or that its a pos and they wont mess with your truck or get a conciled weapon permite and a sniper rifle and just sit back and wait or if ya want to be cheap and easy remove your starter relay
I usually just pull the main fuse. no way anyone is starting your vehicle without the main fuse. Its quick, simple, and free. Not to mention no one will know wtf to do to get it started.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey man no flames, forum rules, lol!

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Pitbull with AIDS.

Just keep the windows cracked so he doesn't get too hot. You know, just far enough that someone can stick their hand in to unlock the door................

I do think that relay is a really cool idea. I'd just keep an extra 40A relay in the glove box in case that one should crap out.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Relay Plug pulled. Sorry but the closest mean thing I have to a pitbull with aids is an Ex wife.

Back window refuses to roll up, I'm off to the search function and tool box.... lol.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I spliced the cigarette lighter in line with the inertia switch. You just pull it out and the truck will not run. Nobody would figure it out. Put it in and it runs. Way easier than pulling relays or fuses. As long as the guy doesn't try and light a cigarette while he steals the car I will be ok.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i dont know how it happened and its probably not a good thing, but when i bought my '84 the key ignition will not start the engine, nor even turn it over. instead i turn the key on, then press a starter button under the dash to start it. i dont know whether i like this setup or not. its hard to tell, since i havent even driven the truck yet (currently immobile)
i was thinking of hiding the button in a row of other switches used for lights and whatnot haha

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
i think the cyclops is way better. its literally a cigarette plug, or it has a key fob, where you press a button (just like a door unlock) and it allows the start of your vehicle. can't beat that IMO.

but rhauf's idea is pretty good too.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts