Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to check out an '89 F-350 for a 1 ton 460 swap for my '79.
Never made it past the '79 Ranger XLT factory air Bronco he had sitting next to the 350. :whiteflag Needs some cosmetic "love" and some minor rust repair.
Quad shock front, rollbar(was this a factory option? can't remember), 35's.
351 with C-6.
Needs a new tailgate of course.
He also has a '79 400 4spd Bronco that is a parts only truck, no title and is missing a few items already.
Gonna try and work a package deal on the both of them, and I still have to find out about the F-350.
Wish me luck. :wacko

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,920 Posts
LOL Sounds like me. 20 and two Mustangs and the Bronco
Unless you're going EFI on the 460, don't bother with an EFI 460, you cannot put a carburetor on them. Different heads and such. Go with 87-down.

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clarko said:
LOL Sounds like me. 20 and two Mustangs and the Bronco
Unless you're going EFI on the 460, don't bother with an EFI 460, you cannot put a carburetor on them. Different heads and such. Go with 87-down.
3 vehicles? I remembe what that was like........

That's the plan, 460 EFI 5 speed '79 Bronco. Figure if I can find a complete truck I won't have to scrounge any parts, just pull it all from 1. It's the 5 speed part that's tough to find.

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no willpower

Well, the deal is sealed.
Got them both.
Full XLT package, a/c, tilt colum, roll bar, cloth interior(filthy), lift and 36" swampers(1/4 tread maybe). Rides/drives nice.
All the cancer is confined to the tailgate and the passenger quarter. Probably just replace the whole panel rather than patch it. It's silver and blue, the silver is pretty faded, but I think a good wash will do it some good.
Parts Bronco is a '79 Custom with a 400/ 4 speed combo, still some good parts, but I'm stealing all the pedals and 4speed stuff to swap to the blue one, I have a 460 to swap in also. Should be able to sell off the 400 and the 351 plus the c-6 and transfercase along with whatever else I don't need.
On to the pictures:

Ummm, lot's getting full:

Lame poser shot:

Running outa parking space.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
haha join the crowd i was up to 5 fords at once before i had to start gettin rid of them..now im down to just 3..lol an 02 mustang gt and a 79 bronco and 92 bronco i just cant resist good deals. mind if i ask what ya paid for them? i managed a deal like that with my 79 down in tx for 2 grand ..lol

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was right around the 2k mark.
Once I'm done pulling all the 4speed stuff and selling the extra parts, motors and trannys I should come out pretty good.
It really is a sickness:
'94 CENTURION
'89 CENTURION
'79 BRONCO CUSTOM 4SPEED
'79 BRONCO XLT
'79 BRONCO CUSTOM parts truck
'76 RANGER P/U parts truck (460/ c-6 donor truck)
'68 TORINO FASTBACK 429 4 speed
'64 GALAXIE 500 XL 390 auto
'64 GALAXIE WAGON project
'73 PLYMOUTH 'CUDA 340 auto matching #'s
'99 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4
'72 DeTomaso PANTERA 427 side oiler, full racing suspension
'68 AMC AMX 390 4 speed factory air
'99 Motorhome, it doesn't count 'cause I use it for work though.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
I'm gonna hijack, a little bit, since I was about to make a thread similar in topic as this one... I also have 4 fords, my three broncos, and the wife's fairmont

But a couple months ago, I spotted a pair of pickups, sitting in a grocery store parking lot - rather, on the dirt lot, next to the parking lot. So I keep an eye on them, and notice they're still there

Now I'm beginning to think, "HEYYY! I wonder if those are abandonded" ...

Now, I don't really NEED two more trucks, especially if they don't run - which I have no way of knowing, since these haven't moved, since I first saw them there - but damned if I pass up on an opportunity to drag them home

Might have to get serious about finding out about those, in the next couple weeks

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That crewcab would make a beutiful 4door Bronco project. :rockon
I really try not to keep track of exactly how many vehicles I have..... I'm in denial.
When I bought the Pantera 3 weeks ago I was sure I was done buying for a while, just went over to this guys house to look at parts for the '79 I already had. :doh0715:
I really need to strip down the parts Bronco and get rid of it.
Probably won't get started on the 460 4 speed swap into the XLT untill the next time I come home. The next decision will be whether to keep the '79 Custom 4 speed, I think I'll keep it since it is a true 4 speed Bronco, not that that means anything.
The AMX is going to paint if the kid I offered it to doesn't make up his mind to buy it.
Galaxie is just a crewzzer, but sounds mean with the dual flows on it.
Centurions stay of course.
'Cuda will never get sold, made that mistake once. :banghead
Wagon was going to be a tubbed out 460 stroker project, but it could go away without any regrets.
'99 mitsu will be getting ugraded turbos, maybe bump up the HP to 450-480.
The Pantera, well, that car has been on my "list" since junior high. And it is just a plain kick in the @ss. Video here:
Click here to see Video
So what? Out of 13 vehicles I can trim 3? lol Hopeless.
Just got a line on a '67 XR7 Cougar tonight as well........ crap! :whiteflag

·
FSM Lifetime
4,609 Posts
Good lord that baby blue crew cab is gorgous. It would be terrible if they didn't find a good home. You know I could probably blame Jeff for my sickness. I meet him a few years back and I only own 2 vehicles. Now they just keep calling my name :shrug

1946 Ford Pickup
1949 Chevrolet C/K Pickup
1952 Ford Panel Van
1952 Ford Pickup
1978 Ford Bronco
1988 Ford C-350
1988 Ford E250
1995 Ford C-150
1995 Ford C-350

As if that were not enough I am looking with a serious eye for a bargain on:

early bronco

oneton 4x4 Ford Truck with a 460 c6 preferably for a 4x4 swap oon the 88', even more preferable would be a 70's crewcab like the beauty pictured above or an early 80's crewcab.

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
2,920 Posts
4drbronko said:
It was right around the 2k mark.
Once I'm done pulling all the 4speed stuff and selling the extra parts, motors and trannys I should come out pretty good.
It really is a sickness:
'94 CENTURION
'89 CENTURION
'79 BRONCO CUSTOM 4SPEED
'79 BRONCO XLT
'79 BRONCO CUSTOM parts truck
'76 RANGER P/U parts truck (460/ c-6 donor truck)
'68 TORINO FASTBACK 429 4 speed
'64 GALAXIE 500 XL 390 auto
'64 GALAXIE WAGON project
'73 PLYMOUTH 'CUDA 340 auto matching #'s
'99 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4
'72 DeTomaso PANTERA 427 side oiler, full racing suspension
'68 AMC AMX 390 4 speed factory air
'99 Motorhome, it doesn't count 'cause I use it for work though.
Cool Torino!!! I have always wanted a 68-69 Fastback, especially a 69 Cobra. I'd go correct and have to put a 428CJ in it though.
Oh on the Pantera, just f*ck you. :thumbup

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
2,920 Posts
That GT grille is unique to 68, too. The 69 GT grille is different.

Now if that's not one of the most beautiful cars ever, I dunno what is.
Just look at that beautiful Fastback roof line.

That's the roofline that dominated NASCAR in 68-69.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts