Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
399 made, 399 already sold, and i was going to pick one up this weekend :banghead

Retail (MSRP) Price $643,330
Standard Engine 6.0L 660 hp V12
Horsepower 660 @ 7800 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) 657 @ 5500 RPM
6-Speed Manual Overdrive Std.

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
seen them on car n driver. $30 grand for a brake job, $700 just for an oil change. some special oil or something. sweet car though.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
i think you had to apply for the chance to buy one. one of the qualifications was you had to own another Ferrari.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,683 Posts
Dam Joe, how did you guees you Xmas present? From Us?

Allcruisen :imp :usa

Yours is gonna be alittle bit different though. We are having 44's installed and dual stick Atlas X-Case, oh yeah and Raf is working on it.....:goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
allcruisen said:
Yours is gonna be alittle bit different though. We are having 44's installed and dual stick Atlas X-Case, oh yeah and Raf is working on it.....:goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge
Bought 2003....you should get it by Christmas 2012...:toothless

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :thumbup :beer

·
Registered
506 Posts
To be honest, I wouldn't piss on that thing to put out a fire. It looks worse than a smashed shit sandwich. I would way WAY rather have a new GT. I think Ferraris are butt. Enzo Ferrari was a prick and told henry ford II that he didn't know how to make a real car. What happened? The GT40 was born and we proceeded to kick his ass all over LeMans 40 years ago and we are gonna do it again. Ford whupped him so bad Ferrari quit racing lemans until now. Ironic, isn't it. History has a way of repeating itself.

My opinion. Feel free to flame me for it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I want to see one car on the market stock or built for that matter that is going to outperforme a Ferrari.
Ok. here are the specs for a Saleen S7 @$390000
0-60 mph: 3.3 sec
0-100 mph: 8.9 sec
Quarter Mile: 11.8 sec @ 120 mph
Skidpad: .99g
Top Speed: 215 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 111 ft
Slalom Speed: 70.5 mph

And for the enzo: at $665000
0-60 mph 3.14
1/4 mile, sec @ mph 10.8 @ 135 (est)
Top speed, mph 200+
600-ft slalom, mph 72.0 (est)
200-ft skidpad, lateral g 1.02 (est)

Now that is an FE- architechture 427 vs. a V-12 made of unobtainium. I realize that the S7 is slower, but is damned close and $275000 cheaper. I bet with that money it would be possible to extract 1 second in the quarter, pick up 110 hp, improve the g holding capability by .03, and gain 1.5 mph in the slalom. All while maintaining your self respect by driving a Ford based, AMERICAN car, instead of feeling like eurotrash.:goodfinge

Also I found this on Edmunds.com:

Rumor has it a Ford GT has already beaten a 911 GT2 and 360 Modena's lap times in back-to-back track testing. Even if the numbers are close, we're certain the Porsche and Ferrari drivers had to work much harder than the GT driver to get each car's best lap times. Plenty of exotic car owners would consider such a statement a badge of honor, but for our money we'll take the kind of all-access performance offered by the GT. At least the Ford's confident nature means we'll have a free hand to wave at the Ferraris and Porsches as we pass by.
Note: This car costs one sixth the price of that greaser pile of carbon fiber up top. Gimme the other 550 grand for upgrades and I guarantee I could put the wop mobile in my rearview.
It also costs less than the 360m, which is $165000.

And besides, there is the most important thing. Just LOOK at her:

And then compare it to this.....this......THING! UgH...:uke:

:iiss Ferrari, Lambroghini, Maserati, and all other eurotrash cars. They all have the same feeling to me as an red Iroc-Z with the T-tops off and Warrent blasting, with someone like Joe Pesci with a greasy afro and a black leather jacket driving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts