Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about loose column shifters but mine's just about outrageous. I can shift to any gear without touching the brake or pulling the shifter forward, I just have to pull it down or push it up and it'll cycle through the gears like nothing's holding it back. I can also push the shifter up or down about 3/4"-1" up or down while I'm driving or whenever.
I usually cannot get the truck to fully shift into (P), when I try and let off the brake the truck rolls about 1"-2" and jerks (as if I slammed on the brakes) and then stays put after that. The needle sits somewhere in the middle of P and R, and when I shift out of "park" (which really isn't the case) it usually shifts straight from "park" to Neutral, and I have to shift back up to put it in reverse. Basically I'm shifting from half park/half reverse so it skips reverse and goes straight to neutral. This problem greatly increases when I'm on an incline, because I just about have to put my weight into shifting from "park" to reverse. I don't know if this is confusing or not, but I'll try to get a video up maybe tuesday (MLK day we don't have school and I'm not uploading my shitty video from my digi using dialup, wouldn't be worth it). I searched and found a guy with a similar problem, but I don't exactly know if he ever fixed it or if the suggestions pertained to the problem at all, and I don't know if his symptoms are like mine or not.

Basically what I'm asking is, how much is it gonna cost me? :cry

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
i hink you problem is you shifter linkage, no so much you coulumn. my gfs truck had the same problem and me and my dad slid under and ajusted it and she dosent have the problem any more so id check that first, then report back

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly do I check for? I have a haynes manual, I'll take a look

1 - 3 of 3 Posts