Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the truck got towed yesturday. came down outta the canyon and a cop was sitting there. pulled me over for "noise ordinances" then gave me a noise ticket, an illegal exhaust ticket, and to top it off I coudlnt find my insurance card *jsut got it 3 days ago and switched to a new company. The insurance hasnt shown to them yet, so my bronco was impounded. WTF?!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as much as I could. I called today and filed a complaint w/ UHP and also made a citizens citation for exhabitious driving, endangerment. wich for a HP both are pretty severe from what they told me on the phone. I go down monday to fill out the paper work for that. Best thing is, their tapes runn all the time since they are digital, wich means both his front and rear cameras will show exactly what he did while driving.

Biggest part for me is that im now taking on the UHP wich means im getting a lawyer ASAP. it may not be worth it, but ya know. I havent had a ticket since I was 17. Im not about to allow some asshole rookie cocky arrogant boy *to me he is a boy for the stuff he pulled even though im 19* push me around and get away with it or give me a bogus ticket AND take my bronco. If I deserved it and knew it, I woudln't care and I'd pay it to get it over with.
HP had a serious case of what I call "little mans syndrome" wich is where the little guy has to prove he is bigger than the big guy. I was totally respectful to the guy the entire time. when I got out of the bronco, wether he felt threatend or what *im 6'4 and 260 lbs*, I dunno. But that is when he started catching the attitude with me. and descided to impound the bronco.

ok im done ranting.

G

·
doesnt sound right., the insurance companies instantly update the police records, instantly. Not 3 days later. A card or not they could tell if you are insured or not.

Do you just have straight pipes? Or open headers?

I thought noise ordinances only pertain to developed areas? IF you were out in the sticks, i dont see what the issue is?

You will lose your battle and have to pay the impound fines most likely. Sorry, but there are more laws protecting the cops. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My headers arent seated correctly at the collector flanges, so its loud but not to bad. the canyon comes down about 100 yards from a neighborhood that is WAY the hell up on the side of the mountain. shoulndt even be there but eh what ya gonna do.
Im gonna do my best to win but we will see

·
Registered
573 Posts
OldBlue said:
as much as I could. I called today and filed a complaint w/ UHP and also made a citizens citation for exhabitious driving, endangerment. wich for a HP both are pretty severe from what they told me on the phone. I go down monday to fill out the paper work for that. Best thing is, their tapes runn all the time since they are digital, wich means both his front and rear cameras will show exactly what he did while driving.

What the hell is exhabitious driving/endangerment? What was he doing?
You obviously have some very different state laws. Oklahoma state law requires the driver to have proof of insurance in the vehicle. We don't have a system to check with the insurance companies, other than periodic correspondance between DPS and the ins. companies of "problem" drivers, so if you have your verification form, that's all you need on a stop.
Loud exhaust? I haven't cited anyone for that in fourteen years. (allthough some of those ricers are beginning to make me reconsider)

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Convince 'em you're LDS and it'll all be forgiven.

:iiss Utah

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keith_L said:
Convince 'em you're LDS and it'll all be forgiven.

:iiss Utah

truth, and im not.

Utah has a bunch of weird laws. exhabitious driving can be a few things. basically its one of those things that was made so the cops can have an easy way to pull you over. Speeding but not more than 9 MPH over, spinning your tires, taking off faster than normal for a stoplight, but not breaking the speedlimit. weaving in and out of traffic. all that kinda stuff.

endangerment is where you are putting some ones life at risk. AKA the car he forced into oncomming traffic as he cut across both lanes.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Utah also likes to pick on out of state vehicles. I drove my Bronco there several years ago to go skiing. We were parked in front of a ski shop getting lift tickets and I came out to find a cop giving it his once over. Told me I had no Cat and that I could not drive it in Utah. Had duals and flowmasters. He was cool enough though to follow me a to a shop and I had them cut in some aftermarket Cats.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Sounds to me like that cop was having a bad day. I've got tons of friends that are police officers, but they sure can be pricks at times.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I didn't read all of the thread. But up here in Alaska it is illegal to drive without any form of prove you have insurance. Even if you have it it doesn't matter. You have to have proof in the rig that you are insured.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
1911copper said:
Loud exhaust? I haven't cited anyone for that in fourteen years. (allthough some of those ricers are beginning to make me reconsider)
Va Beach has a ton of a-hole ricers and a-hole cops. They're almost at war with each other. I only know because I also drive a WRX, and have many ricer friends from that area. I had a buddy that got pulled over while going to the grocery, and then once on the way back and the store is nextdoor to the apartment complex I lived in. He was sited for clear corners, loud exhaust, excessive window tint, and the car was too low. This friend of mine is the nicest, most polite, and most humble person you could know. So it had nothing to do with his attitude. He was always getting pulled though. If you go to drag va's site, you'll see several horror stories. On top of that, most of the police out there target military. I mean, they pull just about everyone, but will let most of the locals go witha warning. While doing some weapons training with the Va Beach PD, my buddy and I asked a group of them several what if questions. There replies were that (for 4x4's) if you don't have more than 3" of body lift, they won't bother you. They do have a handful of lift laws there though. You see lifted trucks everywhere though, and the only time I was pulled in my truck was for speeding. However my car is stock, and I often got pulled for being to low or other such things. I always argued my case, and asked to speak with whichever friend I had in their precinct(spelling), and they would let me go with a warning. It's just obvious that they like to harass down there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.