Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
to simply put it, Dan is the MAN! I had ordered the flip shackle kit for my F when they had their discount goin' on. I got em in, painted em and was about to mount em when I noticed that I ordered the wrong damn shackles(2.5"). I called Dan and explained my situation and without question he took my painted shackles back and replaced them with the correct size flip shackle kit(3") AND overnighted them to me at no charge.

Thank you very much for your time and patience Dan,

you will def see my business in the future,

Thanks again,

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
:stupid

Ruff Stuff is the Shiat!! :rockon
Ordered my shackle flip as well...placed my order online, and less than 72 hours later it was sitting on my doorstep. Dan makes his stuff beefy to the point of almost being ridiculous...I really dont know how he is able to price his stuff so low. Its not the first item Ive bought from him, and wont be the last. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I agree, as well.

Dan is very knowledgeable and offers his expertise without hesitation. His products are of the highest quality and he even personally answers almost all phone calls.

I would not hesitate to do business with him again and would recommend RuffStuff to anyone seeking high quality custom parts. Did I say that he will give you a discount if you mention FullSizeBronco.com? :twotu:

RuffStuff Specialties

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
He probably uses metal from China :)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I agree with everyone above. I ordered disc brake brackets for my 10.25 and got them extremely fast. It seems they have a great business model..... Build beefy parts people want and get it to them fast. Seems simple. Gotta wonder why others cant duplicate.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Thanks again!

The delivery and the customer service is the whole reason we are here.

8 years ago I saw an add on a forum advertising coil over shocks and it said call with your questions. It was my first coilover purchase and I didn't know squat about coilovers. I called and immediately the owner started talking down to me and a couple of minutes later he just about insulted me because I had many questions. I was about to take a large severance from the company I was working for and I made a decision. I stopped the conversation and asked him if he thought he was selling me a set of coilovers, he said he thought so. I told him if all the companies in the 4x4 area were as rude as he was I would be going into his business. He laughed at me. I send hime an email thanking him for his excellent CS example every month. He is still in business but we are 4-5 times larger than he is and he still gets complaints daily about his CS.

The other side of it is waiting for parts. 8 years ago no company seemed to stock anything they sold, they either drop shipped it or only made them after they were ordered. I have a large room downstairs that has $600K+ in parts stacked to the ceiling and 6 people packing boxes every weekday, 2 on Saturdays and 3 on Sundays just to stay ahead of orders. That is finally changing in the industry but I am still amazed that 4x4 companies had no idea of how to actually run a business. In some small way I think we may be at least partially responsible for the changes for the better.

This isn't my first parade, I have owned 7 different businesses and have learned the hard way that the most important thing is CS. This is the way we will always run Ruffstuff.

·
Registered
151 Posts
X10 guys dan is the man!!! Ordered almost 400 worth of brackets and tabs two weeks and nothing showed up one call and I had a new order on my door within a few days. Aparently USPS lost it and dan made it right AWSOME

·
Registered
805 Posts
Amazing customer service! Slight issue with my order. (wrong part was packaged, simple mistake, no big deal)... I called up RuffStuff and Dan himself answered (like always)... Explained the situation, and the correct parts are being shipped out today. Much quicker than any other vendor I've ever worked with.

Wouldn't hestitate to order from him again. I'm sure there is something I forgot with my build, and he's the vendor I'll go to first.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Just another thumbs up. Ordered some parts from them about a month ago.....

Not what I wanted. It wasn't there fault at all. So I called them up just a few minutes ago, and they are sending out what I need even before I send the previously ordered parts back.

Nice guy on the phone too!

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Placed my order tonight and once again Dan was easy to deal with and actually kept me from ordering the wrong part. Good guy to deal with, looking forward to the parts arriving. Payed for my order at 10ish pm EST and will be shipped tomorrow.

Pretty good considering the order is just one big mush or parts from different applications.... But if it is half as built the D60 cover I ordered two years ago it will be more then perfect.

·
Registered
151 Posts
X20, I've placed multiple orders to dan and 90% of the time he is the one that answers the phone. The first order I placed was a very large assortment of axle brackets to do a sas swap and three link and when it hadn't arrived in over a week I simply called ruffstuff and dan checked the order and reshipped a new package that day and it arrived with no questions or runaround about the first package. I do not know if dan was reimbursed by the postal service or not but I think that he is one stand up business owner to send the package without question and this order was very exspensive.
I also just received his dual battery box and it is top notch!! It may be supplied to other offroad companies because it looks alot like my buddies trail gear box, but I would pay twice as much for dan's products just to recieve the cs that his company provides!!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
We do wholesale all of our products also but we do not buy others products, ever... Many times something like a battery box may look simular from 1 manufacturer to the next but we try & pay more attention to the details and we always test every new product before shipping. The 4x4 market we are in kind of pushes companies to always keep new products flowing out the door and testing before selling is always the first thing they stop doing. We may only have 460 products but we make them all and we test them before we sell them!

I should also state here that I am trying to phase myself off the phones because we are now just too big for me to spend all my time on the phone. Ramsey, Jeff, & Garett(The GM) are doing a great job and I am getting other things done. I will also be taking the show on the road late this coming summer and will simply not be able to answer the phone but for a few hours every 6 weeks...I have trained these guys to treat the company as if it were their own and it is working!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I will also be taking the show on the road late this coming summer and will simply not be able to answer the phone but for a few hours every 6 weeks...I have trained these guys to treat the company as if it were their own and it is working!
Post your show schedule, we'd like to see your product line.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Dan,

I was at Joe's shop (Infamous Metal Works, in Santa Clara) and saw your Axle Housings being installed on a 4Runner. Man I have to say they are some of the nicest looking fab housing I have seen. Wish I had the money to run that housing (one day I will have one:rockon)

Joe is going to be doing some work on my Bronco in the next couple of weeks will be ordering up the parts needed from you.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Same here:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Ordered the wrong length ubolts and he sent the right ones with no questions asked. CA to NC in three days, (USPS) everytime i ordered.

Thanks again:usa

·
Premium Member
1996 FSB
551 Posts
Great service and beefy part so far. But i'm still waiting for my parts:cry from my last order. But my coilovers arn't here yet either:cry so not a big deal yet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts