Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to eliminate the c-clip int the front end without using the spring method. I have seen on the early model ttb that there was a plate holding the axle in and would like to do this to mine if possible as I want to install an ARB.:cool:

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
doesn't arb have a provision for that? if not i have a buddy who's willing to part with an earlier third member.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Hey Zippy.

I had the Valve spring in my axle like Everyone says to do. I cut it in half like everyone said. That popped off the welded cap. Then I cut that in half again. Any shorter would not have been a spring. This ended up popping the cap off also. But this time it was at like 3000 rpms climbing up a gravely hill. And Took out my shafT:(

Anyways where I'm going at. I got one of those rubber bungy cords. The ones that I like 1/2" thick. I cut some off. Rolled it up and shoved it in there. Had a freind weld a washer on(remember on the trail) and that was almost 2 months ago. And it hasn't done a thing.. IT works great.

Thought I had a picture of it but guess now. Shafts out in the garge if you need a picture to explain.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Zippy said:
I want to eliminate the c-clip int the front end without using the spring method. I have seen on the early model ttb that there was a plate holding the axle in and would like to do this to mine if possible as I want to install an ARB.:cool:
You'd have to swap the whole third member to do that.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Re: Re: Dana 44 C-clip eliminater

Dustball said:
You'd have to swap the whole third member to do that.
Yep, and I think it was only like '80 thru '82ish thirds that were like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts