Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have been giving these covers a serious look.
I have talked to the guy a couple of times and he seems to be very proud of his product.

It has an unconditional lifetime warranty and no one has put a dent in any of his covers.

Please welders take a good look, and if they are really as tough as he says they are I will probably buy one.
Thank you.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dave if your steering was under knuckle do you think it would be an issue or concern?

As I have discussed in the past I am doing a leaf swap and I will most likely not have the clearance to do a knuckle over.
That is why I am asking.:shrug
I appreciate any help or feedback i can get.:thumbup

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well now that I think about it, i wouldnt be purchasing the cover until after the sas is complete anyway.
I am having a hard enough time trying to save up for my gears, so its not like I have a whole lotta cash to throw around anyway.
Since I would be buying this post sas anyway, it would obviously be determined upon my measurements of clearance, *BUT* if that wasnt an issue I would still like to get feedback about the cover itself.
Thanks again all.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Andy351 said:
what about doing the cut up TTB cover like badass posted?
THAT is exactly the first thing that came to mind .. ya beat me to it Andy :goodfinge

what could be more cost effective :shrug ... it's not like you can sell that crap once it's torn out

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Do the TTB cover. Its solid, and you wont break it....

And its freee. Form Follows Function.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
do the TTB cover. its pretty meaty. you dont need to go overboard on the cover, i mean seriously, its alomost 1/4" anything thats denting 1/4" you probably shouldnt be hitting......

my home made samari covers have held up to all i can dish out to them....

somethings are a waste of $$$$

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know I did think about that, and I do totally respect the advise from you guys and Zach for coming up with that idea, but I really want something that is not only functional but looks good also. I also want drain and or fill holes.
My TTB is beat up and when that thing is off my rig its going up on Keith's wall anyway (if he wants) since he conquered yet another TTB POS. That will be my gift to him.
I just dont want anything reminding me of how long a I wheeled that junk.

This is my very first 4x4, my very first serious mod I have done on any vehicle, and as far as i know I will be the only guy to do a SAS on a Bronco or F150 in Utah.

I am definitly not going to turn it into a show truck, but we do have Jeep and truck shows and events for CHARITY and I would really like it to look nice enough to get a thumbs up from a judge some day, and maybe some extra cash to donate to Big brothers/Big Sisters or Our local childrens hospital.

Believe it or not I am very fond of children and I give to charity whenever i can. Every little bit helps.
Call me gay if you will but I have nothing to proove to anyone, I do what i want to do and I know I wheel my junk hard and thats all that matters.

So that is why i am going the after market route, and the "bling bling" route, call it what you want, i dont give a shit.

I also want something that is going to hold more fluid because when i get my ARB in there I want all the extra care i can provide for it.

I dont want to spend 200-250 for a "name brand" unit either, that is why I am thinking that this ebay find just might be the way to go. (if it fits):thumbup

PLUS i would also rather support a person. and fellow wheeler rather than some huge organization like 4WP.

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
i fully understand where you're coming from, beerman. i personnally feel like it's your truck and your hard-earned money. if you wanna get this diff cover go ahead, it's your truck and your money. that one does look awfully strong though, as long as it doesn't give you any more clearance problems.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Beerman, that cover looks way beefy, but I think Dave has a valid concern on the steering. If it does clear, it won't be by much.

I think we should just cut up your TTB so you can use that for a cover. I would think we could make it look good with some time and the grinder. As for the extra fluid capacity, I don't think I'd fret over it. The front end will rarely see speeds where it will be a concern...........ie you'll usually only engage the front end on the trail: low speed, low heat.

Before the Superford crash (which one? LOL) I had pics of two SAS Broncos from the SLC area. Tony and Brandon were their names..........Brandon is the guy who I stole the "TTB+BFE=SOL" phrase from. He had that painted on his front tube bumper. He had also removed 70% of his sheetmetal and built a pretty cool cage.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well shiz, i had no idea.
Where are these guys hiding at?
:toothless :toothless

OK, cool i will just go with that TTB cover then.

These meds are really fkn me up.
Seriouly I am really feeling like a retard lately......:confused: :confused: :banghead

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya that idea is pretty badass, (kinda like your name!!!):toothless

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,618 Posts
Keith_L said:
Before the Superford crash (which one? LOL) I had pics of two SAS Broncos from the SLC area. Tony and Brandon were their names..........Brandon is the guy who I stole the "TTB+BFE=SOL" phrase from. He had that painted on his front tube bumper. He had also removed 70% of his sheetmetal and built a pretty cool cage.
that was the green 78/9 on MTR's right? I saved a pic of that thing, its awesome looking!:cool:

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
man that is some beef. the lip has to be 3/4" or more

1 - 19 of 19 Posts