Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been under my Bronco for a number of different things. I read in LMC that the NP205 was standard a couple of years before 1996. When did it change to the BW 1356 or is mine not stock.

When I looking at the front diff, the back as the number 44 cast into the housing. My guess, that makes is a Dana 44. I just read where someone was changing their front axle in the 1995 to a Dana 44. Is a Dana 44 stock for 1996?

My Bronco is an ex-Government vehicle, and supposedly upgraded in some places, though it is just an XL.

Thanks!

96ProjectBronco

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
They are all stock in the bronco..hell my 88 has a BW 1356

and the D44 is a TTB in otherwords Dana 44 Twin Traction Beam

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
most people swap from a dana44 ttb to a solid axle dana44. same number- different axle... WAY DIFFERENT!
the ttb is stock in all the later broncos- it what makes our truck "special". im sure the bw1356 is stock also...
as for the government upgrades- you probably have a high amp alternator, or a spot in your grille to jump starts vehicles off of. or maybe a roll bar on the inside. they usually upgraded the electrics.
ace

·
Southeast Utah Native
919 Posts
I believe the last year an NP205 was the standard transfer case was '79. Then it was the NP208 up until '86 or '87, & has been the BW1356 since then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts