Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1978 with Dana 44 front, have small leak where tube attaches to the pumpkin. My mechanic said he could TIG weld this, but read where this is not a simple process since there are tow different metals.
Any experience doing this?? Or is there another way to repair??

·
Registered
220 Posts
I could see TIG welding them with a fresh completely dry axle but TIG welding and any oil at all won't get along well.

The diff housing is cast iron and the tubes are steel so i'd pre heat the cast and burn some stainless in but the grease will cause problems.

·
Super Moderator
23,344 Posts
Yo Rocket,
Good decision!

We lost the last Bronco all-purpose, old-school mechanic here within many miles a few years ago, so have your's do it as soon as possible.

Also, please fill out your Bronco Info with year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar and then select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.

From your “Account Settings” page you will then see more navigation option of the left side. Select “Signature”.

Now you can simply enter your signature information in the text editor and click save.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts