Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot more Dana 44's for sale much cheaper than the Dana 60's and I was wondering what the advantages - disadvantages are?

I figure if you are going to go through the trouble of doing an SAS, why not just go big and be done with it.

Just so you know, this is on an F250 with a Dana 50 front and a Sterling 10.25 in the rear already. I'm looking to put some 37's or 38's on it and some light off roading, nothing too serious but I hate the ttb and the cost to lift it in the first place. I don't want to have to do this again somewhere down the road.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
first off, this is getting moved to general chit chat.

second, to answer your question, the advantages are pretty obvious - strength. as with everything else in life, you are going to pay for that strength, hence the difference in costs. some people don't need all the extra beef, however, so a lower cost (44) SAS makes sense for them. for others, they would rather skip the learning curve and obviate the need to upgrade when they go bigger tires, harder trails, etc. and go straight to the 60.

third, you should aquaint yourself with the "search" function at the top of the screen. we have an entire section dedicated to SAS issues where this, and a whole lot more, can be learned by spending some time over there.

hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
I would have just removed this thread before it turns into a shitstorm. There is obviously an entire section covering this topic to death.

unclestosh, go here
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29
bookmark it and never EVER make a post like that ever again please!

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
thanks for posting the link jer.

we are all just trying to help out. i'll close this thread now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.