Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a dana 44 solid axle worth?? im thinking im going to have to sell my solid axle because im hurting for money. if any one has an idea it would be greatly apreciated

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
geez, it's only been a couple hours. give it time for someone to answer

I sold mine for $350, complete with the radius arms and steering linkage

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I had $450 invested in mine, good deal on ebay, and $150 shipping... A year later after repeated tries to sell, I ended up giving it away. Shame too, it was a great D44 axle, and theres not a damn thing wrong with them. I let mine go because I got rid of my FSB and didnt need it anymore. My Cherokee already has a solid axle from the factory. :)

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
83rustbucket said:
i paid $50 for mine complete hub to hub, no arms and no linkage. I got a good deal but around here they are going for 200-250.
yea, generally $250 for a standard D44 78-79 with linkages. HD 44 up to 100 more. Myfullsize had a cool/rather unusual one as I recall. HD but with 5 lug outers. and for what's it's worth, folks wanted it, but he being east coast was not going to happen. shipping a D44 is for the sheets. It really is a local sell kinda item.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Where are you?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I can find them for 150-250 depending on condition and the individual.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Yeah, mine was a leaf spring setup for a '78 F-150 Supercab... Was gonna be the sweet ass SAS setup. But when the tranny started to slip again, 3 months after rebuild, I had gone though so much with the truck, and still looking at a year away to get the SAS done ($$$), I just let the ride go.

I never told the joker at the car lot it was starting to slip, and he never told me the Cherokee had a windshield leak. Only, a $3 tube of RTV fixed my problem. :thumbup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts