Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the basics. My 44ttb is in need of some work. I'm cheap and broke lol. I have a 94 f250, dana 50ttb, 15x10 rims with 4 1/2 offset(so i can still run my 33s with 8bolt). I know it is possible to swap the guts out, but my question is would it be worth it? I don't feel like spending money I can't afford. Anybody done this swap before and liked the results?

·
Registered
89 Posts
imho you should just do a sas with a dana 44. I did that to my bronco cause i f'd up my ttb and i bought a donor truck with 6ish inch lift for $800 took the axles out of it and swapped them straight into the bronco. If I do it right i should be able to sell the motor and other stuff from the f150 and come out about even. If you find one with a good 351 cleveland you can sell it for like 500-600 bucks. if you have any fab skills at all the dana 44 swap will be pretty easy and the 9 inch bolts right in except the center bolt on the springs is a different size

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
It's a lot more work swapping in the entire TTB D50 than it is to fix what you have now.

What exactly is wrong with the 44?

·
Registered
180 Posts
iv done the swap including the leaf springs. you better want to do it real bad.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not looking to swap my front end over to leafs instead of coils. all the u-joints are shot and the front diff clunks and slips pretty good under high torque

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Well, by swapping the D50 third member in- you'll still have to replace the outer u-joints as you can't use the D50 outer axle shafts.

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
Maybe you could intercept someone's take-out from their SAS project before it goes to scrap and salvage a useful front axle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Brother is the same way with his 85 Bronco. He totally ruined the Dana 44 and got a Dana 50 TTB for free. His plans are to swap a 3/4 ton running gear in his since I did it to mine. I would like to wonder as well how to do it...I told him to go with an SAS but he is too broke to get one, got the 50 for free with the leaf springs and everything..It's easy for me to convert to leafs for him but what should he and I do about the brackets??? Just want to know how???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts