Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been covered before but I found nothing with a search.I recently did a sas on my 1997 psd.So I now have a extra d50.I was thinking about swapping it in to my 96 bronco will everything d50 go in to the d44 ttb I want reuse the 44 beams?

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
You didn't search right.

Click search then advanced search.

On the next page, over in the top left box, type "d50" and then read up.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Dana 50 stuff is very hard to get..you'd probably make a killing on it if you found someone who's looking to buy it.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Another short answer: Just do like everyone else and just use the stub shaft. That is about as in depth as you can get.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay ,so according to redbeast9 I can use the dana 50 third member in the 44 beams.That is what I wanted to do I probably didnt make that clear.Even if the dana 50 springs and all would go I wouldnt,I was not happy with it under the pickup so I am sure I would not be happy with it under the Bronco,thanks.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Why are you using the 3rd member? You are limiting yourself with gear ratios and traction aids. And there really is no benifit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This truck is basicly my back and forth to work vehicle,and the one that is easy to haul the dog around and in and out of job sites.It is eventually going to get a diesel swap.Right now it could benifit with a little gear change to help the 302 out.With the 4:10 in the 50 I just thought maybe I had 1/2 of the parts to do the job.I do not want to add traction options at this time as when the diesel swap happens it will probably be a lift the body off and set it back on a 1 ton chassis swap.So you see it is kind of a make due with what I have situation for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts