Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is a Dana 60 from the front of a 2000 F-350 shorter or wider than whats in a 91 FSB? looking into a SAS right now, and am wondering if i could use an uncut 60 housing. also, does anyone know of a good way to fab something up for a coil setup on that 60 housing, since it comes with leaves from the factory? thanks

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
it should be a hair wider. get creative, look at what other people have done to put coils on d60s. its not rocket science.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Or those crappy hub designs?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
dirtydave said:
is a Dana 60 from the front of a 2000 F-350 shorter or wider than whats in a 91 FSB? looking into a SAS right now, and am wondering if i could use an uncut 60 housing. also, does anyone know of a good way to fab something up for a coil setup on that 60 housing, since it comes with leaves from the factory? thanks
You're focused on this because it's potentially available?

The D60/coil has been done here by a number of folks. So all the info. is here, but it would probably be wiser to look at an older, non-metric version.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,640 Posts
and be POSITIVE (by checking BOM #'s) that pre-'02/'03 is actually a D60.....not a D50.

·
Registered
236 Posts
78bronco460 said:
Excellent advice since that is 99% likely a D50.
Dual Rear wheels F-350's got 60's in 2000. (along with 450 & 550's)

Single Rear wheel Front Dana 60's came out in 2002 for F350 & F250's.

As long as the price is much cheaper, I'd run the axle. Just know the bolt pattern is metric and the rims will be more $$$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts