Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale Dana 60 with VSS from a 95 E350 Van. It is a full floater with 3.55 gears and open diff. I pulled it from the van and it has been sitting in my garage. $150.00 obo

Also Chevy 8 lugs ends with backing plates, spindles, bearings, studs and wheel hubs. no locking hubs. $175.00

I was going to use these on my 94 bronco to convert it over to eight lug ttb. I am not going to do that now I have another project to work on instead.

These are located in Atlanta, GA. I can probably ship the Chevy stuff but not the axle.

Buy them both and I will give you a deal!!

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
What is the lug pattern on the 60? i dont know squat about it, is it 5 or 8 lug

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8 lug full floater, 8 by 6.5 bolt pattern.

the one on the left

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Are you positive that the D60 from the E250 isn't a D61? Do you have a BOM number? How wide is the axle from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface? I'm very interested.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I checked the BOM about a year ago when I got it. It is definitely a 60 not a 61. I will post the BOM later on tonight. I have had a few of these I kept grabbing them hopping that I could find on one with the 35 spline axles. This one is only a 30 spline like a normal Dana 60 without the toner ring. I kept this one for my bronco when I thought I was going to use it as a tow rig, now the plans have changed.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Dana 60 is a rear axle. The Dana 44 ends will bolt to a front axle (with chevy knuckles) or ttb. Yes I still have them.

·
Registered
390 Posts
im sorry those caliper brackets will not work for a 8 lug conversion

in the write up notice the picture where he is telling how not to bolt in the caliper bracket it is very different from the caliper brackets that you have.. those are for a half ton chevy truck

the reason why i know this is because i did this same swap (actually followed this write up when doing it) and i bought a conversion kit that had the same brackets (that you have).. i put everything together and the rotors cover up about 3/4ths of the hole where the caliper pin slides through.. i then did some more research on here and discovered that i bought a kit with wrong parts in it..

bolt the caliper brackets to the spindle then the rotor and hub onto the spindle and check it out.. sorry man but hey everything else is still valuable for your sale and good luck with it

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
to defend my parts once again I am borrowing this picture from "Shadowfax's" pictures. For his 8 lug swap he has the same looking backing plates that I have. Yes 1/2 ton backing plates can look the same for certain years and are smaller. These are one of many different styles of the 3/4 ton backing plates.

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
to defend my parts once again I am borrowing this picture from "Shadowfax's" pictures. For his 8 lug swap he has the same looking backing plates that I have. Yes 1/2 ton backing plates can look the same for certain years and are smaller. These are one of many different styles of the 3/4 ton backing plates.

yup...saw an identical setup on a 8-lug chevy at the pic and pull today....

·
Registered
390 Posts

hm those brackets look very similar to the ones that worked for my truck but the original pictures of yours just look like the 1/2 to me.. but as long as you know they work thats all that matters didnt mean to make anyone mad or frustrated just tryin help out

·
Registered
390 Posts
one more thing just make sure that the rotor does not cover up the caliper pin hole like it did for me good luck with the sale

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I wish I could find a 30 spline D60 with VSS closer to me.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts