Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a dana60 rear axle be converted from a 8 lug to a 5.5 lug pattern, i know about the strength problem just wanted to know ,what is needed and how hard it is:goodfinge :rebelflag

·
Registered
316 Posts
Do not know for sure, I would guess it would not be that hard - I have got so much good information from everyone -

I would bet you that Custom Differentials would know the answer to your question 573 483 3343 or try Dynatrac

·
Registered
236 Posts
CHUCKD43 said:
Can a dana60 rear axle be converted from a 8 lug to a 5.5 lug pattern, i know about the strength problem just wanted to know ,what is needed and how hard it is:goodfinge :rebelflag
So you want a rear FF Dana 60? or Semi?

FF
Your bigest issue is going from 8 on 6.5" to 5 on 5.5". Have you measure the inside hole of your 8 on 6.5" rims? Now do the same on the 5 on 5.5" rims.
(Hint make sure to get aftermarket rims, bigger hole than some stock Ford)

Ok, now check out the size of you Dana 60 hub. Now open it up and take a look and the ID, your going to have to remove a lot of metal... Think it will still hold together?

I've never seen it done. But one note of hope, the Dana 60 came in two different hub diameters... One more common than the other....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts