Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BOM# on my rear axle is 605247. Going by the listing on every website it is a D70U. So 4 months ago when I knew I was getting the axle I bought a D70U rebuild kit from JBG. I knew I needed it and I had the money at the time for it. So 4 mo go by and I finally get started on my rebuild. Started looking and the pinon bearing is about 2 sizes bigger then the one out of my D70. Call JBG and say the bearing is wrong, gave them the bearing number wrong and right and the BOM#. They call me back and say they talked to their bearing guy and he says I have a D71 and it will be an additional $35 for the bearing, race and shim kit that I need. :banghead Did they even make a D71 or is he saying a D70-1? I thought the only difference were between all makes of the D70's was the D70HD. What should I do. It has been 4 months since I bought the kit. So I think returning it is out of the question. Should I try to return it? I now have all the Timken bearing numbers and can purchase them seperatly? Any info on a D71 if it really is one. Seems like a bunch of BS to me.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
My biggest concern would be locker options...

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Locker options? Thing is I never heard of a D71 and I bet no one else has either. Locker options is no care to me. It has a power lok carrier and that is fine with me.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jer. I see the BOM and the listing for it but I can't see a parts list or anything. I can't figure out the Dana Site to save my life. lol

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,083 Posts
If you scroll down to the BOM # for your axle and then click on it. It will expand to provide you with all of the parts and part numbers associated with your axle. That should hopefully be useful in helping you order the right parts.:thumbup

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats weird. The first time I looked it didn't show anything. Now when I clicked the link it shows a list. I click the BOM# I have and it brings up a list with spicer numbers but Sorry no pics sad face to the side. I click the bearing kit and it just says active and stuff. Not timken numbers or nothing. I guess it don't matter. I will call JBG again and say there is not a D71 and try to get them to cover the bearing.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
If the only problem is bigger bearings, hell I wouldn't even consider that a problem, bigger and stronger bearings = good... Just get the right size bearings and enjoy your nice new strong as shit axle. :shrug

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Never gonna win.......The story will be......Ford used leftover old stock all the time so the numbers dont always match up...............I always want to talk trash..But when I know someone knows alot more...I never argue with them.........Cant win

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JahWarrior said:
If the only problem is bigger bearings, hell I wouldn't even consider that a problem, bigger and stronger bearings = good... Just get the right size bearings and enjoy your nice new strong as shit axle. :shrug

Bigger Bearing = No Fit In The Axle Housing

I am just going to order the right bearing for my housing and be done with JBG.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts