Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I've had this problem for a while. For starters, I have an '81 Bronco and all the gauges are stock.

I know a lot of people have problems with their fuel gauges, but this is ALL the gauges. They all seem to fluctuate at the same time by about 1/8 - 1/4 of a gauge.

Sometimes I'll look down and the temp is at normal operating temperature, and a few minutes later I'll look down and the needle is straight up and down. However, once it is, I notice that my fuel gauge suddenly reads 1/8 of a tank more full and my oil pressure gauge has gone up. The only one that doesn't is the "charge" or battery gauge; it's stable. When the temp gauge goes back down, my tank reads less, and my oil pressure gauge follows suit.

Lastly, the entire gauge cluster has been switched out for another one at one point. The problem persisted before and after the switch.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
560 Posts
my pops 86 does the same thing. I am thinking bad ground. He just deals with it, LOL. I will keep an eye on this post. My volt gauge stays stuck in the middle but I just figure its a bad gauge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts