Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 92 Bronco 351W. Ripping the ECM/EFI out. I'm done messing with this damn electronic fuel injection....

Gotcha. LOL bought a 92 Bronco, had a engine compartment fire started by the booster. No "severe" damage per-say, everything is fixable but i'm not even going to attempt to graft a harness in. Harness/ECM/distrubution block is melted. I'm ripping it all out, for a 91 7.3/5spd i have in the back of the shop. Should be a straight forward swap. Figured i'd start this thread and add onto it as i progress with it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Lol i was reading you name thinking a asian taking fuel injetion out... riggghhhhhttttt...

Btw its not a straight swap. You need a drivers side motor mount. . Not that difficult. If you need ideas look in my build thread

Edit: Oh and pending what trans you use a trans crossmember will be needed too. My zf5 was 6"+ shorter

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I thought you were going Andrew James on us....
i read the title and my first though was "aw ****":histerica

the only thing is there was a recall cause the cruise cancel switchs were melting and causing fires. that may be why the fires started. id make shure the switch is up to date, dont want a fire burning down your deisel bko.:tinfoil

hurry up, im waiting :rofl:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I keep spare fuseable link upgrade kits from ford for the cruise control deactivation switch at the master. I bought it because it had the fire. I was actually waiting for SigEp or Gack to chime in about me ripping the efi out.

I have the complete truck behind the shop.

And what does being Asian have to do with ripping the efi out?

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I keep spare fuseable link upgrade kits from ford for the cruise control deactivation switch at the master. I bought it because it had the fire. I was actually waiting for SigEp or Gack to chime in about me ripping the efi out.

QUOTE]

they like the rest of us prolly have not the slightest issue with you swapping to deisel. now if you were going to a carb cause a fusebox melted you would prolly get some comments on that. a fire is a good excuse for a deisel swap :thumbup

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A CARB. Just said i was ripping it out...

Actually carbs scare the living bajeebas out of me. Hell carbs were phased out before i was born. Ok maybe not quite that young but you get the point. Though sometimes i wish i had data stream with my A9L swapped in my 94 F350.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Diesels are dirty. :goodfinge

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
Lol i was reading you name thinking a asian taking fuel injetion out... riggghhhhhttttt...

Btw its not a straight swap. You need a drivers side motor mount. . Not that difficult. If you need ideas look in my build thread

Edit: Oh and pending what trans you use a trans crossmember will be needed too. My zf5 was 6"+ shorter
guess you missed the 91. 7.3/5 speed part

Diesels are dirty. :goodfinge
diesels are awesome.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
the smell of #2 coming from your rigs exhaust system, makes chicks hornier...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My damn ihpone didn't charge last night. was gonna take pics today. DigitalBill has seen the truck. Its been lurking around my complex. Finally cornered the owner and he wasn;t gonna fix it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts