Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I have my turning signal set to neutral (middle position) my right turn signal is constantly on but when I have it at the upper position (to make a right hand turn) it goes off. Is that normal? I think the printed circuit is dead for the left turn signal bulb because I couldnt manage to make the bulb light up when I swapped them for LED's and yes i did try both led bulb orientations. My turn signals don't work either so I'm a bit unsure of where to look to fix the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,900 Posts
Your turn signal assembly may be jacked up. I just replaced mine because the windshield wipers wouldn't turn off.

My old turn signal assembly was an aftermarket assembly and wouldn't last. This time I sprang for a Motorcraft. It should last quite a while :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your turn signal assembly may be jacked up. I just replaced mine because the windshield wipers wouldn't turn off.

My old turn signal assembly was an aftermarket assembly and wouldn't last. This time I sprang for a Motorcraft. It should last quite a while :)
I've been meaning to buy one of those painless rewiring kits and redo the whole truck and I think it comes with a turn signal switch thing. Not sure how high quality those parts are though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,429 Posts
My F100 did that with the turn signal indicators in the dash. If one of your green arrows is lit up or faintly lit up when the signals are turned off, it's usually a ground issue.

I replaced my front turn signal sockets (for the actual turn signal in the grille) as they were rusted out on the grounds and everything was gravy after that. They have a metal strip the runs down the side of the socket for the ground. You can usually see part of it if you lift up the gasket on the socket. Those get rusted out and you can't see them easily, so it's often missed. Your metal tabs inside the socket where the bulbs contact can look good, but that strip can be rusted out giving you bad grounds.

Anyway, check your grounds.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
1,295 Posts
Like posted above, I’ve had that issue with a 78 f150, it was the front turn signal grounds. I just stripped some wire, wrapped it around the bulb, and screwed the other end to a good ground to get by

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
If I learned anything from chasing crazy lightbulb behavior on a trailer grounded through the ball, it is that a suspect ground can make lights do all sorts of weird stuff.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sound to me like the thing is just mis-indexed
(Left) (Off) (Right) is now Left in Center Pos and Off in Right pos...is mis-indexed by one click

Take column apart and have a look at the mechanism

1 - 7 of 7 Posts