Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know where to post this so if you see this post twice,my apology.

Does anyone know if a 92-96 Bronco dash will fit in a 78 79 Bronco.I know 81 Bronco has put a 78 79 dash in his 81 bronco.I want to update my dash because the 78 dash is out of date with me(Not to mention,the radio isnt centered so once i get my TV ,i will be the only one able to wach it).

Can anyone with a 92-96 measure the dash for me(end to end)All and any info would be greatly appreciated.Also would it be possible to use the 92-96 guages?

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
62 and 1/2 inches (+/-) it's hard to measure by my self...
Here's a pic (also kinda shitty, had to piece it together and on short notice, since I just ran out and snapped it for ya...) but it gives ya an idea of how it might or might not work...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Blaze:rockon.Also did that 460 come in?if not i got an 89 460 efi for sale =)

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
It should be here any day...thanks though!:thumbup The post has been edited above...hope that helps..what I'm having trouble finding is a D60 for the front..Badass says he can get me the 10.25 but still need the D60..:shrug
BTW what are you gonna put back in yours???

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Nahh, I think he's in Cali...you know he's gotta watch T.V., talk on the cell phone, and read his paper, while drinking coffee..it's the California dreamin' thing to do!!!...:duh :toothless

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Blaze said:
Nahh, I think he's in Cali...you know he's gotta watch T.V., talk on the cell phone, and read his paper, while drinking coffee..it's the California dreamin' thing to do!!!...:duh :toothless
Ive got a TV and DVD player in the 4 door bronco.. Im in the process of installing an ATARI in it as well.. No Joke..

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
:eek: An ATARI??? Your shittin' me!! Where'd you come up with an old atari from?? I think it'll be kinda cool...in a nestalgic yet modern technilogical kinda way...:toothless

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Bronkzilla said:
Ive got a TV and DVD player in the 4 door bronco.. Im in the process of installing an ATARI in it as well.. No Joke..
Are you talkin, spider fighter, centipede, pacman and poll position kind of old school ATARI.

Cause that would be so cool.:toothless

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Blaze said:
:eek: An ATARI??? Your shittin' me!! Where'd you come up with an old atari from?? I think it'll be kinda cool...in a nestalgic yet modern technilogical kinda way...:toothless
We were cleaning the garage and found 2 Atari's plus a bunch of games.. Gonna install it soon.. Gotta love Atari..
Gacknar said:
Are you talkin, spider fighter, centipede, pacman and poll position kind of old school ATARI.
Cause that would be so cool.:toothless
yup.. :toothless

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the TV is for the passengers of course :beer .And when im stuck when im off roadin somewhere,i can play some ps2 video games to help myself from venting.Or of course on long road trips because the passengers wont like the hum 44" tires give off.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blaze said:
It should be here any day...thanks though!:thumbup The post has been edited above...hope that helps..what I'm having trouble finding is a D60 for the front..Badass says he can get me the 10.25 but still need the D60..:shrug
BTW what are you gonna put back in yours???

Im still debating if i should go the efi or carb route :shrug .Does anyone have the measurement for a 78 79 dash?I dont have access to my truck at the moment

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
the hole that the steering wheel goes through will be a little big....

but ya its like 62.5 inches I think it might be about 1/4 longer then your original one cuz the 74 dash im putting in is about that much to short.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
decisions decisions:banghead :banghead :cry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts