Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well basically when i tur my headlights on, my dashlights dont always come on, they are hit or miss, all the other lights work but them.. any ideas what it could be? oo yea could a bad alternator have anything to do with that? can the computer send a signal saying not enough juice, becasause it is only running off of 12 volts?

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
no its not the alternator, its probally the dimmer switch bad. when i turn my headlights on, sometimes my dash lights wotn come on, and i just barely turn the dimmer switch on the headlight knob and they come on. happnes prolly once a month.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright thanks, i gotta tear the dash apart, but oo yea the alternator is definatly bad, becasue of other dead give aways, like the fact that the truck dont start if u run it a while and shut it down (the battery is all drawn out), and we also had tested it.. the truck before me had a radiator leak, that sprayed the alternator, and when i got it, it was too late to just fix it, it wiped out the alternator. but hey the deal i got cant ask for any more..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had the same problem on my LTD before it gave up. The copper inside the switch was oxidized, used a little #0000 steel wool, wd-40, then alcohol to clean them up, worked good as new afterwords.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.