Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small tear in my dash pad. When searching for one on Ebay, I see some that say tan and some say mocha. Were there two different tans in 92-96 Broncos, F150s? (Or 97 3/4 and 1 tons)? Some pics the mocha looks darker, others it doesn't.

·
Registered
95 EB Bronco, 5.8L
31 Posts
Yes, there were several tan shades offered during that time-frame. I've seen at least two different 'tans' in the salvage yard back when I was looking for a good replacement. I bought a really nice dark red one with the intent of painting it to match my interior but on my next trip to the U-Pull, there was a real nice one in the correct color.

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, there were several tan shades offered during that time-frame. I've seen at least two different 'tans' in the salvage yard back when I was looking for a good replacement. I bought a really nice dark red one with the intent of painting it to match my interior but on my next trip to the U-Pull, there was a real nice one in the correct color.
Thanks. Sounds like buying online is a crap shoot. That tiny crack drives me crazy though.

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wrapped mine in leather. Pretty easy to do, just a bit time consuming.
Were you able to find a color that matched I may give this a try but was wondering how smooth it could come out as it relates to the other dash pieces. The crack that drives me crazy is basically a Mercedes emblem, but about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch total. Small, but it annoys me.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,849 Posts
Maybe check out coverlay dash pad covers. Much more reasonable, half the labor and likely to help depending on where your crack is...

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think I have a tan dash pad also with a tiny crack. They are all the same for mocha 92-96. How bad is yours post a pic.
Here is a pic.
Think I have a tan dash pad also with a tiny crack. They are all the same for mocha 92-96. How bad is yours post a pic.

Here is a pic. It is pretty small. I have already done the carpet. Ordered seat covers from Richmond yesterday.
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,889 Posts
That is certainly the Mocha color.

5th gen Eddie Bauers did have two different interior colors. One was more of a yellowish tan or canvas color and the second is the sort of taupe brown with a touch of red undertone, like yours.

That being said ive only seen one EB bronco in the junkyards and it was with a mocha interior. I see the other tan in EB f150s quite often. Its closer to the 91 and prior EB color.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
One was more of a yellowish tan or canvas color and the second is the sort of taupe brown with a touch of red undertone, like yours.
You can see the difference here between tan and mocha...
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive mirror

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,889 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
The later "tan" is just a bit darker than in the bullnose but its still a good comparison!
Thanks 😊 thought it was close enough to give dude an idea of what you were saying...

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looks great! Richmond upholstery offers a piece of leather that matches the seats that is precut for the dash pad, etc. . It is about the same price as a used one, if you can find a used one. I think I found a factory one that I plan on grabbing later today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts