Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fixed the tailgate window wiring. The Tailgate now works perfectly with a key. I have read in other threads that there is a fuse just for the dash window switch. Where is it? If it does exist i want to find it before i take the whole dash apart to get to the switch.

·
Registered
710 Posts
according to my owner's manual it's a 20 amp circuit breaker in the fuse panel. location number 14

it controls all the power windows though That is the one for the instrument panel switch...

there is another 20amp circuit breaker in location number 12 that controls your tailgate window.

check both of those. I think the only way to check them is by replacing them though...

swap them around with each other, try the tailgate with the key that you knew worked before, if it doesn't work then that may be your culprit, try the dash switch with them swapped, but that shouldn't do anything if the breaker is bad.

the switches have been known to go out, most likely it's dirty though. it's not hard or time consuming to get it out though, just pop off the long skinny trim to reveal screws and go from there...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
95 Bronco EB 351. I tried both fuses and both are working(position 12 14). When you said to pry off the face plate of the rocker switch does that mean I dont have to take the dash off to get to the rocker switch screws?

·
Registered
710 Posts
no sorry if I wasn't clear...

it's very easy to get the switch off though.

the two pieces of trim that run horizontally, about 1 inch wide and several inches long... One on the left of the steering wheel is about 6-7 inches I guess, the other side of the steering wheel is maybe 10-12 inches.

Those have to come off, then you can get to the screws that hold the little shroud on that goes over your instrument panel, there will be screws way down low as well and then i think it all just kinda locks in place.

Pull all the plastic dash pieces off that you need to to get to it, it sounds bad, but is really easy and won't take 10 minutes.

then you'll be able to unscrew your window switch and mess with it.

If you break anything plastic, don't fret... Epoxy glue from the back side will fix it just fine. Your plastic is old and brittle so there is a fine line between giving it enough pressure to pop loose and too much so it breaks it.

Get some 5 minute epoxy before you start, that way if you break anything you can fix it without another trip to town.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts