Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search but my tablet won't let me use it. The search box closes as soon as I touch it to type and laptop is done for. Google wasnt much help either.

I have a 94 Bronco XL in my Sig and a 94 F250 donor with 351 ZF and XLT trim. I'm swapping the tilt column and cruise into my bronco but have a question.

The donor column has cut wires going to the connection behind the flasher button. The bronco harness is perfect. Did Ford use the same harness for cruise and non cruise trucks? Can I just use the bronco harness or do I need to fix these wires?

·
Super Moderator
26,044 Posts
Yo goingcrazy,
For now, here is your 94 cruise wiring diagram
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=4933

Look for the Speed Control Deactivation Switch harness connector; pic in a 94 5.0
Source: by Ken B (Kenny's 94) . Note that Ken had the fused jumper installed under recall. Connector is a 2 pin type.

Look for in Dash Panel Wiring, F-Series and Bronco with Gasoline Engines and 7.3L Diesel with E4OD Transmission;

Item Part Number Description
1 — Star Test Connector (Bronco Only)
2 9C734 Next Generation Speed Control and Bracket Assembly (All Except AOD Transmission)
3 — To ERBP Test Connector
4 12A581 Wiring Assembly
5 14A594 Next Generation Speed Control Cap ( models without speed control)

Control Wiring (Cowl)

Item Part Number Description
1 — Locator, Install in Hole Provided (Part of 14401)
2 N800907-S2 Nut
3 9C961 Bracket (Manual Transmission)
4 14401 Wiring Assembly
5 13480 Stoplight Switch
6 7519 Clutch Pedal
7 — Route Hose Through Outboard Access Hole As Shown
8 9C802 Hose Assembly
9 2L252 Brake and Clutch Pedal Support
10 — Chassis Parts
11 9C962 Adapter
12 2455 Brake Pedal
13 9C961 Bracket (Automatic Transmission)
14 96966 Clip
15 — Install Clip onto Stud (Part of 14401)
16 9D844 Amplifier

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miesk
is the bottom pictures the install of a dealer cruise control? It looks like what my bronco has but the picture is different then the factory installed cruise from the donor.

The pics do indicate that the engine compartment harness is the same which gives me hope. I want the cruise from the factory equipped donor truck since my dealer installed one didn't work. I have an entire truck so I'm thinking just swap everything but the top connection on factory cruise column is a hack job at best

·
Super Moderator
26,044 Posts
Yo,
The bottom diagrams are for factory cruise. I don't have any diagrams for dealer installed.
I GUESS the key is the steering wheel. If it has the cruise buttons, it is indicative of factory cruise.
Ford has a history of mid, early or late year changes, so harnesses, components, etc. may look different;
Such as; 3 Screw Automatic Locking Hubs (Built from May 95 through 96); etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts