Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,883 Posts
You're just about 90% there, why not change out the calipers and hoses while you are at it?

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
You're just about 90% there, why not change out the calipers and hoses while you are at it?

I replaced the calipers when I did my brakes last time and the hoses are good. I fear one caliper is sticking, though. I guess we'll see when I get into them. Unfortunately I can't find my receipt and don't remember where I bought the calipers.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Oh my someone went with some good quality brands.
I realize raybestos ain't what they used to be but I'm not sure if you're serious or sarcastic. It's all made in China, including the motorcraft.

I have found, though, that cheap rotors from a decent brand have lasted as long as expensive rotors. What I've seen is the pad makes the difference. I was going to buy hawk pads as usual but...I didn't want to spend the money this time around. And it's just as well because after ordering the front brakes I remembered I needed to do the back as well. So the cost savings of non-hawk pads just about covered the rear brake parts.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,883 Posts
Check your hose on the caliper that is sticking & make sure it isn't collapsed. Rule of thumb, is always change your hose when you change your caliper.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Finally got the brakes apart. Yea, I guess I'm due...

Gonna snag some parts tomorrow but will likely not work on it until Saturday.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Drop a link if you make that other thread...
finally...

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
and this is the brake job that took me way too long to complete. it took 3 days to bleed the damn brakes, even.
day 1 - realized i didn't have enough brake fluid.
day 2 - bought brake fluid and then found the wheel cylinder was leaking
day 3 - replaced the wheel cylinder then finally bled the brakes.

·
Super Moderator
14,776 Posts
and this is the brake job that took me way too long to complete. it took 3 days to bleed the damn brakes, even.
day 1 - realized i didn't have enough brake fluid.
day 2 - bought brake fluid and then found the wheel cylinder was leaking
day 3 - replaced the wheel cylinder then finally bled the brakes.

that's like any other job on a Bronco..

181 - 189 of 189 Posts