Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Created an account just to say, data-streaming is possible using the Bosch 1300 scan tool. I confirmed it working on my 1994 Explorer. With it plugged into the same port, I told the scan tool it was a 92 Bronco, 89 Bronco II, 90 Ranger, even an 84 Corvette. It all had PIDs for data streams. Each vehicle had different data PIDs, which leads me to believe it would work and give you live data on either one of those vehicles. Some of the PIDs for the other ford vehicles that I also had for my Explorer showed me data in those spots, which leads me to believe Ford used the same format for data-streaming among its different vehicles.
This is one of the only helpful results that pops up when you google "Live data on Ford OBD-1", so I figured I'd add to it since nobody ever mentions the Bosch 1300, which you can still buy as of me posting this, and it costs under $200, unlike these old and outdated snapon and actron tools that costs upward of $400 on ebay, and you need the buy the cartridge's separately.
Hopefully this helps someone else out. The adapters it includes also looks like it does data streaming for both Toyota ports, Chrysler, GM, and Ford, as well as OBD-II vehicles.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts