Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

221 - 240 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
So we got back late last night. No good news. The MRI showed 3-4 possible spots along her spine. They sent us to x-ray to get a "skeletal survey" of her entire body to get a little different picture of whats goin on. They are supposed to be meeting today (all the docs on her case; oncologists, neurologists, pediatrics, etc.) and will be calling us this afternoon with their findings and what our course of action is gonna be. Another round of chemo/prednisone, or more pinpoint radiation therapy. The latter would require hospitalization unfortunately, but if they are in a bad spot like the one in her neck, then thats the only way to go.

We hopefully caught this earlier then the last one, so maybe we can just do another round of chemo. Once a week trips to Medford for injections.

It would be nice to get it over quick (radiation) but the treatment is more dangerous and really only should be done if the tumor is in a bad spot like the one on her spine.

Well thats the story so far. Will know more later after the phone call.

Stress is back up to "Extreme Tension" level. I think my wife may kill me if I put a toe out of line. That ain't exactly easy for me, but I am tryin :toothless

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Well we got the call and will be heading back to SF on Sun for an appt on Mon morning. The Doc didn't want to discuss specifics on the phone, just said it would be best to talk about it in person, and that she would be starting chemo again with her first treatment on Mon.

·
Not a dude
1,547 Posts
Well we got the call and will be heading back to SF on Sun for an appt on Mon morning. The Doc didn't want to discuss specifics on the phone, just said it would be best to talk about it in person, and that she would be starting chemo again with her first treatment on Mon.
She's a little trooper. Hell, your whole family is a bunch of troopers.
Let us know if you need anything. You guys will be in our thoughts.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've already been through hell once with my son's battle with cancer and yet I still don't know what to say to someone when their child is sick. Probably because I know there is nothing anyone can say to make things better. All I can say is that your family will continue to be in my prayers.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
She has two more tumors, both on her spine. Luckily we picked up on the signs (she was acting just like last time when we found the one on her neck) so they didn't get the chance to get big enough to eat thru into the spinal cord like the one on her neck did.

We started another 6 week course of chemo on monday along with a 6 week daily prednisone course that will taper off the last two weeks. Then back to SF for a check up and most likely onto another "maintenence phase" with 3 week chemo injections and a 5 day burst of the prednisone.

Her hair has already started fallin out.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
10,000 Posts
i am glad to at least hear they caught these earlier. i know it's not great news, but it is something positive to focus on.

i will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers to your daughter, you, and your family. your bronco family is with you in spirit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am so sorry for this latest update. She's such a beautiful girl and quite a strong one. No words are appropriate, but your family is still in my prayers and let us know if there's ever anything that I can do.

Brandi

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Joe,I am new to the site and I came across your story,I am really sorry to hear what you are going thru with your daughter.I am a father of 2 I feel for you,you are in our thoughts and prayers.Jamie from n.J.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Unfortunately, I've got no words that will change your situation or really, give you any sort of comfort. However, I know for a fact that God works miracles. Just this week a friend of our family had an infection spread rapidly through her 7 month pregnant body. It started shutting down her heart and they had to take the baby and neither momma or baby looked like they were going to make it. I got the phone call and my wife and I prayed and had others in our office pray. By the end of that day, the baby was stabilized and doing remarkably well and the mother was out of a coma, no fever, and the infection was on the retreat.

My wife and I are joining hands right now for you guys. We will pray for God's peace and strength to just permeate your family, and we will pray that God will miraculously heal your daughter and astound the physicians. God bless you guys!

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Jamie, Hoss, thanx to you both for the well wishes.

This past Tues. was her fourth treatment. She is doing well. She has one more treatment in Medford next week and then her sixth (and last for this round) treatment will be back down in S.F.

She will be starting to taper off on her prednisone here really soon and this is typically when we start to see some problems. It seems like every time at this point her blood counts go into the toilet and we need to keep a close eye on her for fevers and any weird behavior or anything out of the ordinary in general. Her little body has been bolstered up by the steroids and not having them makes the chemo harder to take.

Anyways I took some pics last night. you can really see how chubby the prednisone makes her. She looks like a little pregnant chipmonk:

Look at that belly stickin out:

Ain't she a doll?

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
She just wants to be like her dad:toothless

Thoughts are with you tonight buddy:thumbup

Even has the pink bow like her dad.

221 - 240 of 335 Posts