Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

281 - 300 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Thanx Pepe! :thumbup

4 days into it and we are starting to see some effects of the prednisone. She is starting to want to eat all the time and is becoming increasingly hyper. Got to slow her down just to talk to her. Frustrating.

I think she is feeling better tho. She didn't complain tonight when I brushed and braided her hair for bed. That's a plus. Also she has been a lot more loving to me since she got sick.

Tomorrow her Nana (wife's mom) is throwing her a little early b-day party since she will be out of town for her real b-day at the end of the month. So I have to suffer thru a day with the in-laws. I'll just dope myself into Drools-ville :toothless

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Got back from San Fran last night. Her 6 week check up went great. She is doing great as usual. SO now I think we move back into a once every three weeks chemo with a week long round of the prednisone. Lookin good so far.

The bummer of this is that we could go round and round with it for years. I sure hope not. And I hope all this chemo and x-rays and stuff don't mess up anything else. Like her girl parts. It would suck to find out years later that something else has happened.

Blah blah blah enough negative schtuff. She sure is a little chubby monkey right now. That prednisone is a doozy.

Here are some pics from last Sat. at their b-day party:

Chubby cheeked from the prednisone:

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
wow, she's getting huge. Awesome pictures and great news.

I know how worried you are papa, but that little girl is just amazing. I can't remember one picture out of her that didn't have her smiling even through the worst of it. She's doing really well through all of this.
Thanx Audra. She is tough as steel. My little Supergirl.

These two pics from the very beginning always remind me how strong she is. Fresh out of surgery:

And she's grubbin on strawberries and watchin Spongebob. Like it ain't no thang:

Wish I was that strong.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Just a quick update to let you guys know how she is doing. My own stuff has really gotten in the way of my updates and I'm sorry for that.

She finished her latest chemo round two weeks ago and is doing well except she got the flu right at the end of it. She is now stuck with a persistent hacking cough that the docs say is typical of this flu.

Unfortunately (and I don't know if I've mentioned it before) the chemo she takes has a nasty habit of tearing up the patients teeth. Most of her baby teeth are pretty tatered. She had an appt. in San Fran at the hospital to have her teeth "done" (dunno what it entails exactly) but had to cancel it cause of the stupid flu. It is gettin rescheduled. Whatever they are doing to her teeth requires her to be sedated.

She is doing great in school. Her teacher loves her and on her last report says she is well ahead of everybody in the class. I personally think she could have skipped kindergarten and went into first grade.

She is going to be a witch for Helloween. Pics soon.

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
Awesome Joe! I'm glad everything is still going well. I know I'd be miserable with chemo and the flu, it's great to see that she's doing so well at such a young age.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
I was in Santa Rosa/Novato last week.

:brownbag

Me and my brother went down for a doc appt. I had in Santa Rosa. Quick trip down tho and then over to Sacto to pic some stuff up at our sisters.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,454 Posts
so glad to hear she's healing up well. hope these issue's fade away as she gets older... hey, it happens!
Hang tough bud... you got a strong little lady to model your strength after! :thumbup

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
so glad to hear she's healing up well. hope these issue's fade away as she gets older... hey, it happens!
Hang tough bud... you got a strong little lady to model your strength after! :thumbup
Most never get anymore after age ten. If this keeps up tho we are definitely going to be looking into alternative, more natural methods.

And yeah I can't be a big ol' wuss when she is so tough.....

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,454 Posts
well... you've got resources up the wazoo with some alternative options down in Cali. If you ever need some assistance though... I've personally researched the hell of of chemo alternatives and the biggest problem I see with alternative medicines is that people wait to use them until it's so late that they only effect the symptoms and can't catch up on the cause. The key to alternative treatment curing, instead of just treating... is start early and stick to it. Just FYI. Good luck, god bless brother!

·
Retired
16,006 Posts
Unfortunately (and I don't know if I've mentioned it before) the chemo she takes has a nasty habit of tearing up the patients teeth. Most of her baby teeth are pretty tatered. She had an appt. in San Fran at the hospital to have her teeth "done" (dunno what it entails exactly) but had to cancel it cause of the stupid flu. It is gettin rescheduled. Whatever they are doing to her teeth requires her to be sedated.
They pulled all but three of Drew's teeth (same thing chemo destroyed his teeth)and the school made him go to a dentist before starting school to have all three of them counted..:doh0715:

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
They pulled all but three of Drew's teeth (same thing chemo destroyed his teeth)and the school made him go to a dentist before starting school to have all three of them counted..:doh0715:
Yeah that makes sense. :doh0715:

I am pretty sure they will be pulling some if not all of hers and doing something to the rest to keep em together.

·
Retired
16,006 Posts
I tell ya the stress is the unknown. Its not the disease. The ups and downs of it all. I have got to the point I don't even really like to talk about it anymore. It almost sends me into a depression.

Even though he has been doing great and only one very small spot on his skull on the bone scan I can't get my hopes up for fear that our world going to come crashing down. Even though his spot is so small they will not consider him in remission or cured. I am sorry I am high jacking you thread man.

Just know yall will stay in our prayers..

281 - 300 of 335 Posts