Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

301 - 320 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Not a prob at all Dale, hijack away.

It still helps a little to write about it. It is just like you say around here. So much tension with no one talking. Every little thing just makes it worse.

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,514 Posts
glad to hear its goin good now

chemo is a hard thing ive watched a number of family members go though it as alot of my family ages, and it never gets easier
there was a marines daughter in my first second and 4th grade classes, IIRC her name was sarah (been over a decade since ive seen her, her dad got stationed up in DC), she was diagnosed with leukemia in kindergarden and wore a wig until second grade, but man i still remember the party that we had for here in 4th grade when he had been clear of cancer for 3 years the entire school got the day out of class. the county managed to raise close to 600k for her family and what was left over all went to ST. Judes. a non military doctor linked her cancer to contaminated water on the base she was born. scary stuff the last time i talked to her was maybe 6th grade and she was still clear of cancer

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know I'm a n00b here, but I came across this thread, and damn man, you went through a lot... I don't know what I would have done if my little girl had to go through that... My daughter is 10 years old now! But she's a daddys girl... Anyways, I hope you guys get this thing beat..... reading it brought a tear to my eyes, as I don't know what I would have done like I said earlier..

Stay strong man! I am sure you are through the worst of it!!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Joe, I am coming in late on this, but I do want you to know I have added your duaghter to my prayer list and she will be included in our roasry said everymorning at Jesus the divine Word in Huntingtown, Maryland, May God Bless you and yours and keep a gaurding and watchful eye over you!

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
No worries kids. She is doin great. She's a hard-headed little turd, but doin great. Had a wee scare just before Christmas break. Little accident involving a boy, his foot, a swing, and Loran's forehead. Left a knot that didn't seem to want to go down, so we had to have it x-ray'ed and stuff, but it came back clear.

So all is good!! She went roller-skating last night for the first time!! Pretty funny stuff. Wish I had a video camera for that.

·
Wanna see my
4,451 Posts
:stupid

And just like Dale and Mel, and im sure everyone else, my heart sinks everytime i see this bumped. But soooo glad to hear she is doing good Joe, awesome news.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
No worries kids. She is doin great. She's a hard-headed little turd, but doin great. Had a wee scare just before Christmas break. Little accident involving a boy, his foot, a swing, and Loran's forehead. Left a knot that didn't seem to want to go down, so we had to have it x-ray'ed and stuff, but it came back clear.

So all is good!! She went roller-skating last night for the first time!! Pretty funny stuff. Wish I had a video camera for that.
So good to hear, Glenn Murray was asking about her the other week and I didn't want to ask. I'll pass the good update onto him.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just spent about a half our reading over this. Im new here and want you know my prayers are with you and yours. Im glad all is well and hope it continues to get better. you have a huge heart and are strong willed. I dont know that I could deal with it. Good luck and god bless

Joe.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
Thanks for the well wishes Joe.

A little update from last week. Loran got sick with some kind of possible chest infection. She was coughing pretty bad. SO She went to the ER and they did their standard chest x-ray to make sure there is no fluid in the lungs and that it isn't pneumonia. And lo and behold there was a spot on her spine right in the middle. Great. So her oncologist ordered a CT scan and they decided it could possibly be another lesion. Right on her damn spine again.

So currently (as of Friday) they want an MRI but the soonest they can get their ducks in a row is the end of April. She has an appt. for the MRI on April 27th, the day before her 6th b-day. And to do an MRI on a youngin they have to sedate 'em. All the way knocked out. Which if you all remember is NOT a process any parent will be comfortable with. Freaky scary stuff.

So since they called on Friday with the MRI appt., we are going to call her oncologist up and see if maybe another x-ray or CT is in order to make sure that the thing (if it IS a lesion) hasn't gotten bigger, which would be more dangerous.

And that's what's goin on.

·
Premium Member
5,368 Posts
Sorry to hear it Joe, you have had you share challenges and then some. I hope it turns out to be nothing and your little girl doesn't have to go through all the chit again. Your daughter has the same name (spelled different) as my niece who has been battling cancer herself. It is never easy seeing kids go through this.

301 - 320 of 335 Posts