Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

321 - 335 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
How old is she Mike? What's really weird (don't remember if I mentioned this or not) but there is another little girl up here, same name (Lauren I think) and about the same age who got the same disease. She got it bad tho. Also started in her face, but on her jaw bone and the tumor ate a big hunk of her jaw. Holy crap. had to have facial re-constructive surgery. Ouch.

Great family, wonderful people. Our kids get along great with them. Go to the same school as our girls. We just found out that one of their sons now has some kind of rare blood thing going on. They live pretty close to where we lived when Loran was younger and like us at the time have a well. Makes me wonder if something is going on with the well water.

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
She's 16 just got her license;). She had some type of lung throat cancer. They removed part of her lung and throat. Cool thing it because of the type of cancer she didn't have to have Chemo. When you see these kids get this stuff you really hope for a cure someday. Scary chit for a 16 year old.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
I bet it was scary. When the child is young it is the parents who are scared. At her age she knows what could happen. Hopefully she will still have a good quality of life despite what happened and won't have any complications further down the road.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey joe pretty new here and got caught up in your story. i'm a dad to two little boys and they are my heart and soul, also reason why my bronc's not done yet lol. im so sorry you and yours have had to carry this burden. both of you little ladies are adorable.i'm im oregon bout an hour and half out of portland if you need any thing we are here for you. iwill pray for you and yours and know that you will have the joy of looking upon your daughter as a women in the future who is beautiful, smart, full of moxy and strength. prayers and best wishes :thumbup

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Damn Joe once again my heart sunk seeing this thread bumped and hate to say that I didn't see the bump back on the 28th (I was on night shift and wasn't on as much), Just know yall are in our prayers man.:cry

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
A little update from last week. Loran got sick with some kind of possible chest infection. She was coughing pretty bad. SO She went to the ER and they did their standard chest x-ray to make sure there is no fluid in the lungs and that it isn't pneumonia. And lo and behold there was a spot on her spine right in the middle. Great. So her oncologist ordered a CT scan and they decided it could possibly be another lesion. Right on her damn spine again.

So currently (as of Friday) they want an MRI but the soonest they can get their ducks in a row is the end of April. She has an appt. for the MRI on April 27th, the day before her 6th b-day. And to do an MRI on a youngin they have to sedate 'em. All the way knocked out. Which if you all remember is NOT a process any parent will be comfortable with. Freaky scary stuff.

So since they called on Friday with the MRI appt., we are going to call her oncologist up and see if maybe another x-ray or CT is in order to make sure that the thing (if it IS a lesion) hasn't gotten bigger, which would be more dangerous.

And that's what's goin on.

Got back from San Fran late Thursday night. MRI showed up negative. :rockon

Whatever was there is gone now. All other tests turned out great, she has a clean bill of health. They don't know if it was another tumor, but if it was, it is possible her body healed itself of it. If that is the case, then her body is getting back to normal and we could be done with this shit for good.

:thumbup

EDIT: Oh and since we were busy on her b-day, we are having a pizza party for her next weekend. Combining her and her sisters party again. Her sissy's b-day is tomorrow.

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
Fantastic! That's just great to hear. :rockon

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Glad to here it Joe, hope you are done with this chit. How many gray hairs did you get?
A lot. For some reason I have this huge gray patch in my beard when it grows in. On my right side jaw line. Looks weird when I don't shave. My wife thinks most of the gray is sexy, but she laughs her ass off at that patch on my face.

Fantastic! That's just great to hear. :rockon
Thanx Lo.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Well, my stats are 85% going up daily I get this C word. mom is a surviver of this curse. God HELP all that have to deal with this life changer...

just sayin, God bless us ALL !!

Will add, LIVE. life to the MAX everday. Why be mad when U can be GLAD. I wake up happy everyday just because its a new day !! wife needs coffee just to move/be happy. (sad)

321 - 335 of 335 Posts