Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanx David.

Just got off the phone with the wife. Loran is doin real well. Angela says that her appetite has at least doubled since Fri. Doc said that the Prednisone would make her hungry. she has always been a real healthy eater (and stays skinny too), but since this started her appetite has really dropped. the fact that she wants to eat again makes me feel a whole lot better.

They colored Easter eggs last night and had a big easter brunch at McDonald house with an egg hunt. brunch was catered by a local restaurant don't know who. My mom-in-law bought the girls easter outfits and my wife took pics. when i get back up there I'll post em up.

Loran talked to me on the phone tonight. she has never talked to anyone on the phone. she always refuses. but she did for me. makes me miss her even more.

spent most of the day today tearin thru every frickin box we've got here and in storage tryin to find her birth certificate. no luck. gonna have to go get one tomorrow. fawk. they need it tho for the whole SSI thing i think.

not much else goin on. Ang says that doin the drug schedule is pretty rough. I've been settin my alarm for the same time and callin her to make sure shes awake at 4am to give her the meds. She says the baby has a little diarrhea and that her urine and poop smell terrible. that sucks.

went over to my friend Bills house for Easter dinner. didn't eat much tho. even bein with people i feel lonely. i miss them so much. his wife called me twice today makin sure i was gonna be there on time. like shes afraid i ain't eatin or sumthin. i could prolly do with some not eatin. could live a couple months on what i got stored up no prob. fatass. thats what happens when you cant move around anymore. even watchin what i eat Ive still been puttin on pounds. last couple of weeks tho i think Ive lost some. must be stress.

enough for today i guess.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just got home from the bank. im pretty pissed. my dad who lives in North Carolina sent me a check to help with our expenses and the bank wouldnt cash it. they said they had to put a 7 day hold on it cause it is from outta state and i didnt have enough in the account to cover the amount of the check. i have had nuthin but bad service from this bank. i didnt need this kinda aggravation. i was gonna go pay some bills like the power bill and my cell and now they are gonna be even mo' later. dammit :banghead

just a little pissed. sorry.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,822 Posts
Joes93Bronco said:
Just got home from the bank. im pretty pissed. my dad who lives in North Carolina sent me a check to help with our expenses and the bank wouldnt cash it. they said they had to put a 7 day hold on it cause it is from outta state and i didnt have enough in the account to cover the amount of the check. i have had nuthin but bad service from this bank. i didnt need this kinda aggravation. i was gonna go pay some bills like the power bill and my cell and now they are gonna be even mo' later. dammit :banghead

just a little pissed. sorry.
thats crap...go in and get a manager...they can call the other bank and verifly funds.
 

·
Former owner of Shadofax
Joined
·
17,039 Posts
Joes93Bronco said:
Just got home from the bank. im pretty pissed. my dad who lives in North Carolina sent me a check to help with our expenses and the bank wouldnt cash it. they said they had to put a 7 day hold on it cause it is from outta state and i didnt have enough in the account to cover the amount of the check. i have had nuthin but bad service from this bank. i didnt need this kinda aggravation. i was gonna go pay some bills like the power bill and my cell and now they are gonna be even mo' later. dammit :banghead

just a little pissed. sorry.
That sucks Joe, sorry to hear that.:banghead

Hey, make SURE you let me know when your wife receives my package (USPS says it should be there tomorrow, it doesn't have to go far). It went out today (I forgot it was tax day at the post office....sheesh, the amount of stallers......). You know when you're coming back up this-a-way?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
redwagon said:
thats crap...go in and get a manager...they can call the other bank and verifly funds.
not this late. east coast west coast thing.

mgr wasnt there any way. i asked to see what he could do. figured if he knew whats was goin on he might gimme a break. this place has just pissed me off. its a credit union too they are supposed to be owned by its members. whatever.

Shadofax said:
That sucks Joe, sorry to hear that.:banghead

Hey, make SURE you let me know when your wife receives my package (USPS says it should be there tomorrow, it doesn't have to go far). It went out today (I forgot it was tax day at the post office....sheesh, the amount of stallers......). You know when you're coming back up this-a-way?
I'll let ya know for sure. Wife knows its coming. i'm gonna leave early early wed morning to head back up.
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
16,008 Posts
Joes93Bronco said:
*UPDATE*

wife just called and the surgery is scheduled for 0845 tomorrow. She has to have Loran there at 0700. she is a little stressed out right now.

i'm just kinda hatin it right now

We will be praying for yall...:cry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
baby went thru surgery fine. didnt actually go in till about ten thirty. came out of anesthesia fine tho. even wanted to eat.

my wife says that there is two incisions, one on her chest, and one where the shoulder and neck meet. the port thing is about an inch in diameter and is stickin out quite a bit. it is pretty swollen right now so it should go down.

i am leavin here prolly around 3-4am. i want to get there asap, but im tired as hell and dont want to risk drivin.

Mark,

the "package" got there today. Angela said to tell you thank you for both gifts. She said she cried and that you are awesome.

Thank you man, it means so much to us. You ever need anything just ask.


Joe
 

·
Former owner of Shadofax
Joined
·
17,039 Posts
Joes93Bronco said:
baby went thru surgery fine. didnt actually go in till about ten thirty. came out of anesthesia fine tho. even wanted to eat.

my wife says that there is two incisions, one on her chest, and one where the shoulder and neck meet. the port thing is about an inch in diameter and is stickin out quite a bit. it is pretty swollen right now so it should go down.

i am leavin here prolly around 3-4am. i want to get there asap, but im tired as hell and dont want to risk drivin.

Mark,

the "package" got there today. Angela said to tell you thank you for both gifts. She said she cried and that you are awesome.

Thank you man, it means so much to us. You ever need anything just ask.


Joe
:thumbup

Careful driving while tired dude. Not worth it in the long run.
 

·
Sway's jealous of my
Joined
·
2,857 Posts
Get some sleep, then make the haul.

Oh, and raise holy hell on your bank when you get back down there again. Take care man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
left last night at 1030. awesome night for a drive. warm and clear. made it to portland at 0530 this morn after an hour nap at a rest stop just south of salem. got to RMH at the same time as my wife was up givin Loran her meds. i went right to sleep. am tired. might have to go back down on wed next week to goto santa rosa to be re-evaluated by the QME doc i saw before. my attorney is tryin to get me out of it. i dont hold high hopes for that. it will be a long long drive for sure. prolly leave here super early wed morn, get to crescent city, nap,leave for santa rosa. appt is at 0930 on thurs. the 27th.

Loran is doin good. she started laughin at me when she saw me this morning. then she got into bed with me and we snuggled ourselves right to sleep. i really missed her. i missed all my girls.

gotta try to find a social security office around here to sign some papers. dont know how long it will take to find out if we qualify.

i'll post up a couple easter pics later. prolly after the girls goto sleep.
 

·
TTB Will Survive
Joined
·
247 Posts
Sorry to hear about what's happing. It breaks my heart. I have a little red headed girl who is 15 months. When I saw the pic of her curly hair, things hit home.

I'll do some research for you. My mom and nephew had something similar.

Regarding the bank thing. What you experianced is industry standard but there are reason's as to why, but that gets a little personal and I don't think this is a forum for that. If you would like to email me I can give you some details as to why. I have been in the banking & investment for 10yrs and this is one of the number 1 topics that cause escalations at banks. Even though the check is out of state, it should clear the fed bank with in 3 days. You maybe able to get your money by Thursday or Friday, but would need to have the manager overide the automated 7 day hold.

What you can do, and allot of bank managers will do this, they will allow some of it to be cashed. The manager can overide the hold, but normally will not do the whole amount. See if the manager can release part of it to pay the bills now due, etc.. Explain all that. The other option, which can be a little more expensive but you will never have to wait is to have it wired. Cost's 10 bucks on your side, and the sender may have to pay 10-20 bucks depending what type of bank it is.

Like I said, I'll do some research for you as this issue has touched my own family in the past year.
 

·
TTB Will Survive
Joined
·
247 Posts
If you do have to come down to Santa Rosa, you got a friend down here. Post a message or email me and I'll hook you up down here. [email protected]

Keep my in the loop and I'll do what I can for yah.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thanx fer the advice and offers Dan. i did go back to the bank the next day to deposit my expense check for the trip to santa rosa (to make sure it clears in time) the manager let me have $100 dollars of it ($85 bucks of it went to gas to Eureka and back up here gas is $3.19 in Cescent City right now :shocked.

any info or experiences you can share would be great.
 
41 - 60 of 335 Posts
Top