Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used DUI's HEI distibutor on their truck, i'm considering purchasing one. They run about 332 on sale or 369 regular priced. It sounds like a good purchase since it's just one wire and it's an all in one deal.

Also found this at summit, seems to be the same thing but nearly half the price, any thoughts. I love the idea of a single 12V wire, I installed HEI on my 71 K5 and love it so it seems like a natural choice. Put biased opinions aside, no matter what anyone says we can't argue that HEI systems are excellent choices.
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...840135+4294881252+4294881254+115&autoview=sku

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
wow, thanks for that link to the one on broncograveyard, i think i'm going to order one too, i've been having problems with teh connection at my coil since i replaced it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeah I am still considering it, but I figured with my limited knowledge of these distributors from circle track racing I should be able to put any HEI coil, pickup coil, cap rotor in it if it goes and still have less in it than buying the DUI or the other one. That is if it breaks to begin with. I had one made for my friends 302 about 10 years ago and this is a lot less than that. We took the bottom off the duraspark cut it and the same off the top of the HEI and welded it together. Then made a custom shaft and roll pinned it together at both ends. It looked like crap on a mud fence but for wheeling it was the greatest thing we ever had back then. We took it to several broncos and F150s until it finally met its end. Now they make them like this for less than what we had the machine shop cut the housings and balancing the shaft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts