Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today while at work i was checking in a stock order and i stumbled across Daystar Part# KF09108, and on the box it said it was a 2" coil spring spacer for a 81-96 full size 4wd bronco. My question is, i never even thought they had spacers for a bronco, why doesnt any body talk about them or use them? i think they would be a better option than a body lift. If i get them do i need new shocks? and any modifications to the radius arms or anything?

thanks in advance ,matt

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Spacers work well on jeep 2wd lifts...

Keep them there.

K

·
0 Posts
what are so bad about these? are they worse than body lifts, what? :shrug

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
In my mind, nothing is worse then a body lift, but thats just me. Alot of guys like them. As for the spacers, I would think they would cause alignment problems, which sure you can fix, but if your gonna spend all that time and money, why not just lift it the right way 4" isnt that High, in fact 4" is what I think they should have been stock. But I am weird:D

K

·
0 Posts
THATS WHAT EVERYONE SAYS! but i can only afford the lift, and 6" is TOOOOOO much for 32's (no telling how long it will be for the 33's), and 4" with 32's aint that bad... so after the 4, and the tires, when those tires wear out, i'll probably have gears by then, and then will move up to 35's, and get the spacers in the front, and a shackle flip in the rear.. WHEW!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Tires, aint that much. I plan on running 4" with my 32's, and maybe when they wear out going 33's. I would Shelve the kit after you get it for 3 or 4 months and find some 35's for the 6". But thats's just me. I am the same guy having problems saving up the $400for my trailmaster suspension kit thats waiting at a friends house in NY for me

K

·
0 Posts
true, but i just got a new rearend, and need the time to get gears in between... until then, shes gonna stay a pavement bitch! thanks for the input though :thumbup - kenny

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
stay away from the spacers, especially if you do a lift. they are sketchy at best.

also, the shackle flip would be the ONLY thing you need to do to lift the rear. you won't need blocks or add-a-leafs

K

·
0 Posts
haha, same topic in 2 diff. discusions at the same time! alright, i'll do a SEARCH on how much and all that for those, dont wanna get :twak ! thanks - kenny

also, is there some kind of suspension out there for ONLY the front?

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
most kits will come with all the stuff you need for the front. then you have options of what to get for the back. more often than not, blocks are what come standard on a 4" kit.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
can you post a pic of the spacers? I cant imagine how they would work for 2" LIFT. No way to put them in on the top, and if you tried to lift it 2 a the bottom, you wouldnt have enuf thread to put the washer and nut back on. Personally, I would scour ebay, or the SAS'ers and buy their front lift since most keep the rear, and then do a shackle flip for the rear. ( this is of course ignoring that I wouldnt lift the ttb again). Until I see a pic, skip the spacers.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
plug ugly said:
can you post a pic of the spacers? I cant imagine how they would work for 2" LIFT. No way to put them in on the top, and if you tried to lift it 2 a the bottom, you wouldnt have enuf thread to put the washer and nut back on. Personally, I would scour ebay, or the SAS'ers and buy their front lift since most keep the rear, and then do a shackle flip for the rear. ( this is of course ignoring that I wouldnt lift the ttb again). Until I see a pic, skip the spacers.
Damon they come with bolt extensions, and a new nut.

The spacers can be alright for what he wants, but i wouldnt use them unless he has a lot of weight in teh front like a huge bumper, and winch that is putting a lot of load on the springs.
The camber issue works both ways.
If he has to much weight on teh front end then the wheel will sludge down, if he doesnt and puts the spacers in the the wheels will poke out at top.
So it is really something that he will have to study scientifically for hsi needs.
One really nice thing about them is it will reduce a lot of teh harshness he gets on teh road because the poly is made to absorb shock.
So instead of the coils sitting completely on metal there is a cushion between it all.

That is my 2 cents.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Sorry another thing I was thinking of.
Energy suspension just started making coil spring isolators for many other rigs now.
They may only lift the front end an inch, but they actually are made to soften the ride and absorb the harshness rather than lift it.
I would advise to check out www.energysuspension.com but the idiots havent loaded them on their web page yet.
I just read about them in Four Wheeler (IIRC) and seen them used on a show.
So far i am really impressed with such a simple product.
They are shaped like a donut, have a groove in the ring to avoid the coil from slipping out, and are slim enough that you wouldnt need a bolt extension.

·
Lurker
617 Posts
I think your going to have serious alignment issues. But i guess it is the same as using leveling coils. My first "lift" was the 2" Superlift leveling coils that cost around $130. I install the superlift alignment bushings and the camber was OK, but not perfect. Bad tire wear. It raised the front about an inch over the rear. I would have liked a small rear block.

You could probably get away without new shocks, but I would get new ones.

I suggest not using spacers/leveling coils. It makes the truck look a little better, but it is not how TTB should be lifted.

I next went with the 4" Rancho. Great kit, hella strong, stiff as helll for first couple weeks, but the ride softened out nicely.

Going solid 60 now since it is not the DD anymore.

Rough Country makes a 2.5" kit that looks good with 33s. It is not exatly the best quality, but should be fine for you application. It is pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
643 Posts
i just bought a set of daystar spacers yesterday before i read this....prolly wouldnt have bbaught em now but n e way do i gotta move the axel drop bracket down to the 6" spot?i have a 4" lift now.will the RA arms be fine??

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the daystar spacers for 40 bucks on e-bay made my own stud extenders had to get new shocks and a new alighnment they have worked great for me had them on for about 1 yr no problems with mine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts