Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have paper work on one of these looks like its from 2002
I just got one and am looking for advice and or info on it thanks

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
If you give it to me you won't have to worry about finding the paperwork for it. Sounds like a good idea, right?

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
If it's a 6Z935 it's the exact same welder we have at work, and that thing is entirely a piece of shit. Hands down the worst welder I've ever used. No matter what you paid for it, you paid to much. If you traded a cup of coffee for that thing you got ripped off. You'll be better off sticking metal together with JB Weld and chewing gum. Bypass the misery and put it on Craig's List right now. I'm sorry for your loss.

edit: I just noticed that was your first post, welcome to FSB.:thumbup

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
yup....that welder sucks. Theres not "voltage" setting. just high and low power. Its not something that you want to use when your just starting welding. Its cheap and flimsy. The low setting isn't enough to weld jack. When you turn it on high it blows thru just about all sheet metal.

Id say save and get a stick welder or a nicer mig

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dayton is Grainger's house brand. goto grainger.com and search for the part number. you will find a link to the instruction manual too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks did your shop have any paper work

did you have any paper work
If it's a 6Z935 it's the exact same welder we have at work, and that thing is entirely a piece of shit. Hands down the worst welder I've ever used. No matter what you paid for it, you paid to much. If you traded a cup of coffee for that thing you got ripped off. You'll be better off sticking metal together with JB Weld and chewing gum. Bypass the misery and put it on Craig's List right now. I'm sorry for your loss.

edit: I just noticed that was your first post, welcome to FSB.:thumbup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for reply

[QU will play with it before reselling it OTE=magnumpi;1524161]yup....that welder sucks. Theres not "voltage" setting. just high and low power. Its not something that you want to use when your just starting welding. Its cheap and flimsy. The low setting isn't enough to weld jack. When you turn it on high it blows thru just about all sheet metal.

Id say save and get a stick welder or a nicer mig[/QUOTE]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts