Votes: 66 59.5%
  • get a kia

Votes: 11 9.9%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just would like some opinions from other Bronco people.
My Bronco is my daily driver, but man I am bored with it being stock.
I work shift work so I don't drive to work everyday, but I do drive somewhere everyday. I fixing to get new tires and I want to go widen some of the local jeep trails. Soooooooo, do I

get a leveling kit, keep 33's, and regear.

get a 4-inch kit, 33's, and gears

go for the full monty, a 6-inch kit, 35's, and gears.

or shut and go buy a Kia you girly man!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,660 Posts
I was real close to my perfect setup when I had to sell...

35's, 6 inches (would have probably gone 7 with 4 susp. & the 3 body I already had) and 4.10's. Well... that and another Daily Driver.
I wouldn't go higher then 35's and 4.10's though, unless I was planning on trailering to the trials. :shrug

Go get a KIA and make the Bronco what you really want it to be! :rockon
(if that's an affordable option for you)

·
Registered
1 Posts
just level it and stick with the 33's so you can keep your low center of gravity.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Get 4" lift with 33s. Thats what I run now and my bronco is my daily driver. Dont bother to regear, you wont need to and it will save you some cash.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought about the 4-inch and 33's for a long time....
but then I thought about why not just go 2-inches bigger from the start.

Thanks for all the replies and ideas, keep them coming.:twotu:

The Kia thing was me trying to be funny, wish I could buy a gas sipping run-about, but the used car prices has sky rocketed around here since katrina.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
cuda_killa said:
I thought about the 4-inch and 33's for a long time....
but then I thought about why not just go 2-inches bigger from the start.
If you are set on getting new gears then I would say go for the 6" with 35s but you can save money and not have to regear with 4" and 33s. Ive been running it for almost 2 years now.

·
Registered
988 Posts
redwagon said:
<hi jack> what about if no OD? I want to put 4.56s in mine but I have a c6.

My broinlaw (tntbronco) ran 33s and 410s w/o od in his 85 for awhile, and everytime we would hit 75-80 his truck would be screamin!

you would be ok with 35s as long as you keep er under 70 or so (i usually shift to OD at 65ish)

:thumbup

·
Administrator
22,854 Posts
Crazedatwork said:
My broinlaw (tntbronco) ran 33s and 410s w/o od in his 85 for awhile, and everytime we would hit 75-80 his truck would be screamin!

you would be ok with 35s as long as you keep er under 70 or so (i usually shift to OD at 65ish)

:thumbup
cool:rockon thanks for the info...never really take it on the freeway anyways...some day hope to get a trailer.:twotu:

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
My DD (actually, my only vehicle) has 33s, ARBs and 4" lift. I'm kicking myself in the arse for not regearing when I had the lockers installed. I still have a set of 31s I use during summer. There is a really noticable difference in the amount of power on the freeway and going up hills at freeway speed between the 33s and 31s. If you are willing to spend the $$$$, do it right the first time with 6" lift, 35s and gears.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Which setup you choose depends a lot on what you want to do with it. Yeah, I know you said it will be a DD, but that's only part of the story. Do you intend to take it off road much? When it does go off road are we talking rocks, mud or sand? If you're not going to be off road a lot you'll probably be happier with the 4"/33" combo. If you're going to get into rocks the difference between 4" & 6" of lift is pretty big. I made the mistake of buying a 4" lift at first and then was pissed at how much I was dragging ass over the rocks. A little over a year later I've already bumped my lift up to 6" and regret not going 6" from the start. Also, I would definitely reccomend putting off regearing until you can afford to put in the lockers or limited slips you want in at the same time. For a DD selectable lockers are the best thing, but we all know how expensive that can get. Still, labor to have gears installed is significant, so you definitely don't want to have to pay for that labor twice.

·
Lick my
2,091 Posts
Man, I love my Kia. Its way faster than my Bronco. And Ive beaten ricers with the Bronco. Plus its got a lightweight 6 in it too...

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Why not go with the 4" lift, 35's do a tad of trimming and re-gear it to 4.10's.

If your running 33's on a stock suspension, you must of done a bit of trimming already. The offroading that mine sees doesn't require a lot of flex, more or less just power in the mud, a 35" mud tire will end up giving me what i need. I am probably going to rub when i flex, but flexing isn't a big part of wheeling up here.

I am going to leave it stock on 31's til i go to the badlands in June (see my sig line if anyone is interested in going). Badlands has a wide variety of wheeling, i sit here and say 4" and 35's but when i go there i think i am going to end up with 6" and 35's.

Just a suggestion. 4" and 35" tires will give you a stuffed wheel well look.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
derrick36 said:
I vote for the KIA.

They make some sweet SUVs:rockon
You do know that in2004 Kia crapped out the lowst saftey ratings in vehicles, and in 2005 they actually got worse.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts