Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,965 Posts
Nicely done Bud. (not sure how I missed this thread the first time)

Reactions: reptillikus

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,048 Posts
Look forward to hearing how it's worked out... if I don't get un-subbe'd

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Test-drove today; rides like a dream, so i mustve got pretty damn close on the alignment! I have an appt tomorrow for inspection & alignment, and im getting my chewed up front tires swapped out at the same time. So i should know in another day or two how it all worked out.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Look forward to hearing how it's worked out... if I don't get un-subbe'd
Picked it up this morning. Handles really nice with good tires up front. I was really close on the alignment, and now its perfect. Passed insp with flying colors too, so we're good to go!

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Couple months later, still handling like a champ! Wish i flipped the steering sooner. Tires are wearing so much better now too.

So ive hard the hard top off since memorial day, and the XL rear cardboard panels are getting a bit rough:

I cant find XLT rear panels anywhere, so i went to the local scrap yard, and found a huge sheet of 1/4" thick black plastic for $20! So i made my own:

Laying out the second panel. The sheet was just barely big enough to make both

cheapy sound deadener from Amazon:

First panel installed:

I used the rear speaker grills out of my '88 since the cardboard panels didnt use any. I still need to find another pair because sooner or later these are going to end up back in the '88 again!

...and both done!

Im pretty happy with how they came out, altho if i ever find some XLT panels im still gonna get em.

221 - 226 of 226 Posts