·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Blame Dawn, tell her it was fine until she drove it. :toothless

Now it needs a diesel front bumper.
Ha yeah :toothless
I do like the look of the diesel bumper. I havent been actively looking for one, but i am planning on going up to EZ Pull Sunday; odds are if i see one im gonna grab it. Planning on packing heavy on tools, and looking for all sorts of stuff.

Love the look of OBS Fords! Nice headlights too. I got an 89 BII that I've wanted new headlights on for a long time, you got any suggestions?
Thanks! Cant wait to get it back on the road and see how much better they work.

Ive seen some decent looking aftermarket housings for the BII/Ranger on Amazon, while searching for stuff for my 88. In your case its probly easier to search out Ranger lights, so you dont get the FSB stuff mixed in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ha yeah :toothless
I do like the look of the diesel bumper. I havent been actively looking for one, but i am planning on going up to EZ Pull Sunday; odds are if i see one im gonna grab it.

Thanks! Cant wait to get it back on the road and see how much better they work.

Ive seen some decent looking aftermarket housings for the BII/Ranger on Amazon, while searching for stuff for my 88. In your case its probly easier to search out Ranger lights, so you dont get the FSB stuff mixed in.
Alright, thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #143

Looks awesome :cool:

I really like the look of the black reflector, probably going to put them on the diesel next year as my clears are yellowing. But, the housings i bought didnt fit for crap. Next time i will get a different brand.

I initially put the LED headlights in, but ended up taking them out, as it was easier to aim the headlight housings with my Silverstars in there. So in the next couple days ill get the LEDs back in, get em dialed in, and snap some pics on the way to work one night.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #144 (Edited)
Ok got some nightime pics.

So, my phone is dying, and its not taking pics quite right. So these two pics are radically different from one another, for no real reason. Both pics Low Beam.

#1. This is an accurate representation of light color

#2. This is an accurate representation of light output

Basically, these things are bright AF. They do a great job of lighting up the roads, which is great for me working night shift. The only downside is that there is no real beam angle change when switching from Low to High, but hey, what do you want for sub-$40 LED headlights. They are bright enough that i dont need the High Beam, and they dont seem to blind oncoming traffic, so im happy. Ive already used them in light rain & heavy fog, with no complaints.

In case you werent paying attention, these are the headlights im using.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Met a fellow Ford nut who lives up near Rausch Creek, and got some parts off him!

One tach cluster, and a set of chrome mirrors

and some new badges & dash trim to replace the XL badges

I swapped my speedo into the the tach cluster today and got that installed in the bronco. Not yet sure if i want to run chrome mirrors on this one or not, still debating.
Im digging the Custom badges, theyre pretty hard to find, and IMO they suit this mishmash of a bronco :toothless Ill get em installed in the spring when its warmer out. Gotta find some good 3m.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
It drives my wife nuts at times, but it's just a thing I gotta do :toothless

I'm not on social media, don't follow sports and not much of a gamer. Don't watch much tv either. Pretty much I'm either at work, eating, sleeping, hanging out with the little guy, or turning wrenches :toothless

Just you wait, I've got an update coming on the big bronco too :thumbup

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Snowstorm inbound! Could be anywhere from 4-16", they have no idea. Figured id better test the 4wd. Doesnt work. :doh0715: :banghead :bs
It goes into low range, but whether im in Hi or Low, it doesnt engage the front shaft. I hear the collar clicking. Its so close to going in but never does. Disconnected the shift linkage and shifted it manually, but still no 4wd. I tried everything i could think of, including going down the road in 4wd with the hubs locked and i just cant get it to go into 4wd. Doesnt make sense as i bench-tested it before i put it in, and it was working fine.
Then when trying to put the linkage back on, i tore the bushing :duh So its parked till this weekend when i can pull it back into the garage and look at the tcase again. So it looks like ill be driving the diesel to work tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
...did you do anything about the lifters ticking?

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I spent quite a few years building stuff in the driveway/yard, its nice to have a roof to take my time working under.

So on Sunday i was over a buddies house. and scored some more parts!

Got another tach cluster, a spare dash bezel thats in way better shape than mine, and the missing parts (Servo/bracket/cable) to complete my cruise control install :rockon Considering pretty much my entire commute to/from work is on the open freeway, its super awesome having cruise control in this thing :cool:

·
Super Moderator
14,739 Posts
I spent quite a few years building stuff in the driveway/yard, its nice to have a roof to take my time working under.

So on Sunday i was over a buddies house. and scored some more parts!

Got another tach cluster, a spare dash bezel thats in way better shape than mine, and the missing parts (Servo/bracket/cable) to complete my cruise control install :rockon Considering pretty much my entire commute to/from work is on the open freeway, its super awesome having cruise control in this thing :cool:
nice score..I'm always looking for a spare tach so if you decide to unload that one I get first dibs...:toothless

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
These are both 94-96. But, the guy i got my first tach cluster, had a 92-93 cluster as well. (the layout of the indicators is different) If youre interested, and we do end up at Rausch next weekend, maybe i can swing by his place (if he still has it) and grab it for ya. PM me and let me know :thumbup

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Oh snap an update!

The 305s were getting pretty bad so ive been saving for a new set of tires. Then last week i stumbled across these on the CL:

They are 315/70/17 BFG AT/KO on 17*9.5 Black Rhino Armory wheels. The wheels have a bit of a 'tacticool' look to them, but the price was right, and honestly, after seeing them on the bronco, i think they look pretty good!

Bought a set of lugnuts off the Amazons, since i couldnt use the original big open nuts i was using.

The money shot!

Some clever trimming of the bumper. This is how you get 315s to clear with only 2.5" of lift!

Looks like they rub, but they dont :cool:

The co-pilot approves!

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Ha, youre not the only one :toothless

So, they work really well for getting the little guy in and out of his car seat. Plus, they did a great job this past winter of keeping the snow & road salt off the rocker panel. However, Dawn wants me to put a set of Bushwacker's street flares on it (the smallest flares they make), which would require modifying the rubber parts of the running boards.
I do have an idea floating around in my head of some rock sliders with a built in step similar to what i built for my dad's truck, but its a low-priority project because the running boards serve their purpose so well.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Update!

The 315s are doing well, glad i bought em. Rides so much better than the beat 305s i had.

So, i was lost in the dark corners of the interwebs, and found these:

They are Switchback LEDs from Amazon

The turn signal is your typical amber:

But the parking circuit is white:

Theyre pretty cool actually. The white parking light turns off when they blink orange, then turns back to white when you turn the blinker/hazards off. No wiring required, just plug em in. Theyre surprisingly bright, and the color matches my LED headlights well.

141 - 160 of 225 Posts