Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This means that a Base Bronco with an MSRP of $29,995 will now cost you $34,995 after the markup.
Text Font Line Document Paper product

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Yo,
Of course they jacked it!
Betting they added more $ for undercoating, paint protection, pin stripes, etc.

·
Chicks dig my
1,423 Posts
I'll walk to Dearborn and pick it up as it rolls off the line. I am in Northern Ohio, it's a 2 hours drive.

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Chicks dig my
1,423 Posts
I don't qualify for the "X-Plan" but will be asking about my military veteran status

Reactions: St00k

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't get it either but would still like to know what the dealer invoice is for the Bronco.

Anyone know?

This is the general breakdown:

Ford: (Dealer Invoice Price) - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice Price) + ($275 Administration Fee) = X-Plan Price

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ford told its dealerships NOT to add markups on Bronco reservations:

Ford to Dealerships: No Markups on New Bronco Reservations!
First Edition Broncos are already fully reserved, but Ford doesn’t want dealers scalping future Bronco buyers.
Based on our site traffic, at least, Ford seems to have a (future) hit on their hands. Then there’s the limited-run of 3,500 First Edition 2021 Ford Bronco; it’s sold out. (Well, sold out as much as a reservation list can be.) But despite all the hype and Bronco hot-takes this week, we have some exciting, but possibly anecdotal news for you.

Ford told its dealerships NOT to add markups on Bronco reservations.

But let’s back up a minute to give a little more context. I did indeed plunk down 100 greenbacks to place myself on the 2021 Ford Bronco reservation list. For anyone curious, the Black Diamond trim level caught my eye as a nice compromise of features, utility, and pricing. And, if things work out, I’d love to order a Race Red Black Diamond Bronco with the 2.7L V6 EcoBoost.

During the reservation process, I learned a few things. Some obvious. Others truly surprising. First, Ford clearly states on their site that reservations don’t guarantee an order. Or pricing. Or when you’ll get one. DEALERSHIPS set final prices. All of this is very standard for new vehicle releases and reservation lists. (Just ask the guys still waiting for long-ago reserved 2020 Shelby GT500s and C8 Corvettes.)

But when my local dealer called me to confirm that they would be my concierge in the ordering process, I made a point of asking about dealer markups, aka ADMs, as well as the availability of pricing plans like the Ford X-Plan. And I was shocked to hear that my local dealerships are NOT doing any ADMs for anyone with a reservation. Also, X-Plan and other partner-pricing will be available if you qualify for such things. And, apparently, dealerships have no say in the allocation process.

Why is this shocking, you’re probably wondering? For those who don’t live in California, let me paint you a picture. We are the largest state in terms of population and economy, and we buy the most cars and trucks. BUT when there’s a hot car available for sale, our dealerships are notoriously greedy, posting some of the largest markups in the country.

So when my local dealership — the same dealer who was asking $20,000 OVER sticker for the 2019 Mustang Bullitt and $35,000+ OVER MSRP for various Shelbys — said they are NOT doing Bronco ADMs, my jaw hit the floor. After probing him a little, my concierge said that apparently this directive came directly from Ford because it’s part of some Ford 360 marketing thing to get people into Ford’s newest models like the Bronco and Mustang Mach-E. (He didn’t say it, but 2021 is going to be vital for Ford after a dismal 2020.)

That said, my concierge did state that there MAY be ADMs for those withOUT reservations, which is another reason to get on the reservation list if you’re Bronco-curious. And, again, this might all be anecdotal speculation on my part, but if Southern California is free from Bronco markups, maybe we’ll all be in for an affordable new mid-size truck when Broncos start shipping next year.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I received an email from my dealer saying there won't be a markup. If they for some reason go back on that I'll lose my mind.
Too late for them to start doing it now with all the media coverage & FoMoCo's statement.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It may be too late for their PR but that doesn't matter to me as long as they don't mess with my order.
Keep us posted if anything happens. It can go either way but I have a feeling they won't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.