Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girl developed a really bad death wobble and I posted for some advice here.

After looking around, I saw that the APB's were rotted.

So after wrestling with the passenger-side bushing, the new APB was difficult to get in because the bracket hanging off the frame was in the way.

So I removed the bracket and guess what? The bracket bolts are loose, AND it's broken into two pieces. Looks like it was ready to shatter because it's cracked all over. I never would have seen this unless I took it off.

Now, the problem is where can I buy one? Broncos are hard to find in junkyards here. I looked at Bronco Graveyard and LMC but the part is not listed.

Anyone have an old one laying around? especially you guys that re-did your front ends for lifts and replaced the OEM bracket with an extended one....

I don't really feel safe driving her until I replace the bracket.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tips. stealership is the LAST place I would have looked. but based on your experience, I'll try them out tomorrow...

·
Broncoless
1,494 Posts
like i said thats the SUGGESTED retail. it depends on the dealer on how much they are actually gonna charge for it. if i have someone walk in thats cool and has a FSB, i normally cut the price down a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't ever underestimate the dealer's prices. When I was putting the E4OD in my 84FSB, I needed the newer style trans cross member. A 4X4 junk yard (Scotties) wanted $300, so I tried the local Ford dealer and got a brand new one with the updated trans mount for a little less then $150!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
domestic disturbance--

brah! you da man! thanks for the part number.

So, I go to the Stealership parts dept. I give them the number and tell them I need the passenger side bracket. He tells me that number is for the driver's side bracket. The passenger side bracket is "OBSOLETE."

He pulls up the exploded diagram. I point and tell him "that's the part I need right there." He tries to tell me again that it's OBSOLETE.

The guy pulls up another diagram, follows a link and tells me that the part I need is a part of the entire frame. Now I think I know what's going on....

The other axle housing bracket on the driver's side is actually riveted to the frame. I think that the description is confusing because it may refer to the bracket for the "driver's side" housing. even though the bracket is actually on the "passenger" side.

whatever, I paid for them to order it and we'll see when it comes in.

by the way, screw all you mainland guys that get parts for so cheap. I paid $86.00 for this damn part. lucky I live Hawaii.

thanks again for the advice guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts